Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6 - WebMail crashes server
  •  
CaveDiver

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

although already many posts about the performance of the new webmail interface are existing, has anyone got also serious troubles with stability ...

I'm running KMS 6 on RedHat 8, serving currently a handful of users, where 2-3 people use the new webmail-interface, the rest of the users work over pop3 ...

I'm currently forced to restart the server almost every day due to hangs, which are a direct response to some transactions on the webmail interface ...

BTW ... also having contacts, tasks and calender-functionality is really appreciated ... the interface currently provided is very poor quality

- drag'n drop wont work half of the time
- pop-ups aren't correctly sized
- usefull functionality (already provided with the old interface) is missing

my customers getting really angry ... hopefully performance and functionality issues will be solved quickly!

I'd suggest do have the possibility to choose which web-mail interface to install
(feature-rich - for JS-Geeks - or good old plain HTML-interface, with no fancy gimicks, but pure stable, scalable functionality)

just my 2 cents
K. Unger

K. Unger
sharing knowledge rulez ;)
  •  
roope.vankka

Please upgrade to RH9, KMS 6 do not support RH8. We have about 10 active webmail users in KMS 6 in RH9, and we do not have any problems with stability. Other users of our KMS are using Pop or Imap.

If you upgraded from beta 4.3 or above, you may have problems. Beta 4.0 was the last beta which did not destroyed the store of KMS.

You can try to get rid of problems by making clean install of KMS 6.
- Stop KMS
- copy the store in safe place
- copy .cfg, certificate and other important files (licence) in safe place
- Uninstall KMS
- remove Kerio folder with all subfolders
- install KMS 6, and configure it
- start kms, and log on with admin in webmail
- stop kms
- restore users.cfg, store and other files
- start kms

But I recommend you to upgrade RH first. It is very easy with Apt.
  •  
jonbrain

Something keeps crashing Our Kerio server but I'm not sure what it is. I have people using Outlook Connector, IMAP and webmail.
  •  
roope.vankka

Empty the queue by delting all files from the store/queue/* folders.

Perhaps you have antivirus software?
  •  
jonbrain

There was a bunch of folders in the que? Are these not needed?

The only virus software is the integrated McAfee.

Thanks for your help.

Jono.
  •  
jonbrain

There was a bunch of folders in the que? Are these not needed?

The only virus software is the integrated McAfee.

Thanks for your help.

Jono.
  •  
roope.vankka

Folders are needed, but there may be corrupted files in these folders.

go to the store/queue folder, and there you can run 'ls * | less' command. You can see if there is messages in the queue folders. Some of them may be zero sized, and you can safely delete these. There may also be some corrupted messages, take a look of these messages with less command, and then delete.

You may get KMS to work then.

•  
brianthiel

I reported a similar problem to Kerio this week. They reported that they have fixed it, that the fix will be in Release 6.02, and that release will be available "soon".

I found that we could very reliably crash the Kerio mail service when certain email messages were marked as spam via the webmail interface. About 1 in 10 emails seemed to do the trick. One specific message would always kill the service.

We are running Windows 2000 server, so we set the service to restart automatically. It's still a pain for the user who was logged in though. He has to logout, wait a minute (for the service to restart), then re-login.
  •  
rhunter

I have found the same problem with a certain spam stopping the KMS service when manually marking it as spam. I reported it and received the following: Hope it helps.

Hi Russ,
Go to this folder and delete the Bayes folder, ~Kerio/MailServer/Spamassassin/Rules. Some of the self learning that was carried over from 5.7 may be incompatiable with the new way 6.0 self learns using the spam/not spam options.
Jeff Wadlow
Technical Support Engineer
Kerio Technologies
2041 Mission College Blvd., Suite 100
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Tel 408.496.4500
www.kerio.com
  •  
jonbrain

Anyone have any idea when Kerio 6.02 will be released?

Previous Topic: for which anti-virus software is definitely support in KMS 6.0?
Next Topic: Remote administration ???
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 14:04:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00709 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.