Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Activesync issues with syncing time period (Can't get more than a few days of mail.)
  •  
spage911

Send a private message to this user
I have installed Kerio Connect V8.2.2 and I am having some problems with being able to sync more than a few days worth of email via activesync. My Chief (the boss and one who signs the checks) wants to sync his iPad with no limit on the date. I have tried using the Kerio configuration profile (which seems to always default to 3 days) and doing a manual configuration changing the sync date range to "No Limit".

It seems that no matter what date range to sync I put on the iPad, he only gets about 3 days of mail from his inbox (There are less than 100 emails in his inbox). His calendar does seem to sync without any issues.

I have also "removed" his device from the admin panel after deleting his account from the iPad and before setting his account up again on his iPad with the same result.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Scott
  •  
Vicky

Hi Scott,

Have you checked the emails in his Inbox? I have seen iPhones get stuck on a corrupted/malformed email. Sometimes these emails will show fine in Webmail and email clients but on mobile devices. What I would suggest is:

- Make a new folder in their Webmail called 'Old Inbox'
- Move all the mail from the Inbox to 'Old Inbox'
- Then start moving small amounts of emails back into the Inbox and wait to see if it syncs with the phone.

When the sync breaks you can remove the messages you just copied in and narrow down the message(s) that might be breaking the sync.

This is a bit of a tedious task but I have done it in the past and a lot of customer who have called in have done this in the past and seems to be the easiest way to find a corrupt/malformed email stopping a sync.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
spage911

Thanks for the reply Vicky,

I was able to fix this issue by creating a profile in the iPhone Configuration Utility setting the amount of mail to sync to what he required. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work when manually configuring the account but making the new profile solved the problem.

Thanks,
Scott
  •  
johnoirl

where abouts did you configure using the iPhone Configuration Utility. I cant find that iPhone Configuration Utility

Im having the same issue. I have moved from exchange 2003 to kerio connect. All users had access to mail on iphones before and it worked brill. Now users can only get emails from the past 4 days on their iphones.
  •  
spage911

The iPhone configuration utility is from Apple. Here is the link.

support.apple.com/kb/dl1466

With the utility you can set the number of days to sync as well as other options. Just configure the accounts and have the user download and install the config file.
Previous Topic: How to connect Kerio to OpenLDAP (slapd Linux)
Next Topic: DKIM Issue on MacOsX Server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 17 23:26:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00425 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.