Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » wich folder are posible for archiving
  •  
Behn EDV

Send a private message to this user
Hi

my question is which ways a have to save the archive.

is it only possible to save ob a local drive?
my favorite was to save on a other network drive like \\IP-Adress\free-folder\
like the possibility for the backup.

another question :

then i am going to archive all in and outgoing mail in a journaling mail folder and an other mail archive system like MailStore collects there from the mails, will be the mails in the journaling folder deleted or will they stay there?
i have to decide how much space i have to give to the archive folder.
maybe you have a "best practice" advice for me.

Thanks.
  •  
Martin B.

Hello Behn EDV,

in the Kerio Webadmin you can say in which folder you want to archiv.

If you uses linux is it really easy:
1st: create a mounting point
2nd: mount the network drive on the mounting point
3rd: change the path for archiving in the webadmin

If you uses windows is it much more easier:
1st: map network drive
2nd: change the path for archiving in the webadmin

With MailStore unfortunately I have no experience in connection with Kerio Connect.

Greetings

[Updated on: Mon, 24 March 2014 16:56]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This is ok for backup. But not for message archive folders. The folders MUST NOT be on shared or network drive.
  •  
Martin B.

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Mon, 24 March 2014 17:06
This is ok for backup. But not for message archive folders. The folders MUST NOT be on shared or network drive.

He wanted to know if it is possible.
I only have shown how is it possible Smile
  •  
Bud Durland

Behn EDV wrote on Mon, 24 March 2014 10:42

then i am going to archive all in and outgoing mail in a journaling mail folder and an other mail archive system like MailStore collects there from the mails, will be the mails in the journaling folder deleted or will they stay there?
i have to decide how much space i have to give to the archive folder.
maybe you have a "best practice" advice for me.

I think you'll find that with MailStore (and other, similar systems), what you will really want to do is create an archive user with a mailbox, rather than an archive folder. The archiving system will login to that mailbox, read & archive the mail, then delete it from the mailbox.

Previous Topic: Spam filter custom rules odd behaviour
Next Topic: Spam Assassin scoring of non English spam
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 02:15:38 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00471 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.