Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » ask - setting Remote Desktop Connection
  •  
no_name

Send a private message to this user
hi there.
I need help please.

I use kerio winroute/control v.6.7.x

I plan to make one of my pc can be accessed over remote desktop connection.

for internal use, that pc already can be accessed over remote desktop connection.

I already done:
- set traffic policy use default wizard, with option limited (when we first time setting, there are two option on the wizard, one is basically "open"; and another one is more restricted, I choose this).
- make policy:
from internet to my public IP,
service: RDP, tcp/udp: 3389
allow
nat: <ip internal of the target pc>

for those settings, still I can't connect the target pc via remote desktop connection, from outside network.

need help please. thanks.
  •  
KCAP

Hi,
with the first i do not know exactly what this wizard does, that is to long ago for me,

for the rule:
to : Firewall,
service: RDP, tcp/udp: 3389
allow
nat: <ip internal of the target pc>:3389

That works for me...
Teun

[Updated on: Wed, 26 March 2014 21:46]

Teun
KCAP [NL]
  •  
no_name

hi there,
thanks for reply.
I've done for the traffic rule, but still can't.

need help please.
thanks.

• Attachment: error-rdc.JPG
    (Size: 30.97KB, Downloaded 385 times)
  •  
ICT and Me

@no_name,
Why are you still working with a old version? The rule that KCAP (Teun) has given is okay.
Only not NAT but port forwarding

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
no_name

hi
thanks for reply.

just for make sure, "port forwarding" setting is on the menu:
traffic rule,
name - source - destination - service - action - translation, correct? if yes, then I put the value:
forward to remote - internet - <my ip public> - RDC, tcp/udp 3389 - allow - nat:<local ip of the PC>, port: 3389

is it correct?

the reason I still use this version:
- we under very budget limited company, therefore hard to get approval to buy new system
- we use this version long enough, therefore we sure this version is stable (isn't it?).

thank you for your understand Smile
  •  
ICT and Me

The rule set is okay. The NAT is DNAT (Dest. NAT) port is not needed because the service is only that port.

The version you use is old for reason. The latest version is of course stable and provide more. Like IPsec VPN support. Very handy with IMD's and Notebooks with IPsec supporting connections.
Kerio Control isn't that expensive if you buy every year Software Maintance license. Problem is that the version you use is also very known as license hacked version. And if someone ask questions about this version and sorry don't use a name and filled out profile, I get the feeling you are using a illegal version. Please consider to get new license and latest version of control. And keep the license up to date. It will give you more support then only the forum and up to date software with out bugs etc.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
no_name

hi,
thanks for reply. your concern is make sense. since this "appliance" based on software (which is close with piracy).
our office bought the license, but long way ago. I didn't purchase for maintenance fee.

in my region, if I want to continue, then I need to purchase from beginning (count as new customer). this still under discussion on our internal management.

anyway, for Remote desktop, already done. it success because the host is just single PC not under domain.
but for terminal server (host under domain), still can't figure out.

hope there is still a hope for asking help.

thank you.
Previous Topic: Joining two network subnet
Next Topic: How to delete Connections from list (Kerio VPN Client Mac)?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 04:57:23 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00391 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.