Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Snom handsets - time wrong after move to DST
  •  
nigelayres

Send a private message to this user
We have a number of Snom handsets with auto-provisioning. After the change to BST over the weekend, the 710s have jumped forward two hours rather than 1 and the m9r hadn't moved at all.

The Operator box itself was showing the correct time when set as GMT+0 (London). I've now changed it to GMT+0 (GMT) and it then shows the GMT time (1 hour early) on the server and now shows the correct time on the handsets.

What is the recommended configuration for this in the UK? I assume now that the server logs will show GMT for everything, rather than the correct BST time, which isn't helpful.

•  
nigelayres

Further to this, I can't leave the server st GMT as it messes up the ACD timings, of course.

Also, the m9r is showing a different time again, although both the 710 and the m9r (looking at the web interface) are set with a TZ of "0 United Kingdom (London)"
  •  
ICT and Me

The time in the server must be set as the normal "winter" time. So for the UK will this be GMT+0, like for us in the Netherlands GMT+1. the hour shift will be done automatic and don't need adjustment. That is the reason your phone are two hours ahead. The phones will be configured by autoprovisioning.
So my advice is set the Operator back to GMT+0 (London) and reload the auto provisioning into the phones.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi Nigel,

for the UK you should set Operator to "(GMT +00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London". Both Operator and your phones should currently display the BST.

Sadly, the template file for the snom m9 contains a wrong option and as a result timezone settings don't work. I'll fix it in the next release of Operator.

Meanwhile you can repair the template yourself by opening Phones->Advanced->Template Overrides, editing the "Snom m9 main configuration file" and changing line
<utc_offset perm="RW">{$TIMEZONE_OFFSET}</utc_offset>
to
<gmt_offset perm="RW">{$TIMEZONE_OFFSET}</gmt_offset>

Best,
Filip
  •  
HB

Sollution.
Make a template override

In the Netherlands, Set timezone NLD+1

Change utc_offset :
-utc_offset: {$TIMEZONE_OFFSET}
to
+utc_offset: 3600

Best regards,

H.Barlage
  •  
HB

Sollution.
Make a template override

Change utc_offset :
to

Best regards,

H.Barlage
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

We have tested several Snom models with different timezones and they all work fine with one exception only - the snom m9. This can be fixed by the template override described in my previous post.

It is possible that a phone is somehow mis-configured. Can you try the following steps:
1. Revert any changes in the templates related to timezone or offset.
2. Set Operator to the correct timezone. Configure your local time in Operator or use NTP.
3. Restart the snom phone and if it continues to show incorrect time, factory-reset it. This can be done from the phone menu.

If the above doesn't help, please send me the following information for further analysis <fjenicek<_at_>kerio.com>.
Snom model:
Snom firmware:
Operator timezone:
Time in Operator:
Time on the Snom display:
+ Support Info from Operator
+ Provisioning configuration file for the Snom (right click the phone and select "Download configuration")
+ Configuration downloaded from the snom phone (log in the phone web interface, go to settings and save it)

How timezones on snom phones work:
- The timezone is set on purpose to BRA2-3, because we don't want the phone to automatically change the timezone offset. Unfortunately as far as I know, it is the only way how to do it.
- The correct timezone is configured by providing the utc_offset with appropriate timezone offset. For example in Europe it is 3600 for CET, 7200 for CEST.
- When Operator detects a timezone or a DST change, it resyncs (reboots) the phones so that they load the new timezone offset.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

HB wrote on Wed, 02 April 2014 11:38

Dear Huub,

you basically configured the timezone manually. Although I admit that it works, it is will disable automatic Operator => Phone timezone configuration. As long as you don't move between countries, you'll be fine.

Filip
  •  
nigelayres

Further to this, I can confirm that the 710s worked after I removed a template override which was setting it to GBR0 in place of BRA2-3. I can't remember why that was changed before, now, but there was a reason. Obviously that broke the BST thing. I has guessed that the BRA one was set to force no DST change.

Interestingly, the m9 seemed to fix itself after a restart.

Thanks for your advice
Previous Topic: Call forwarding
Next Topic: LDAP Directory
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 07:18:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00478 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.