Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mavericks and Connect Server Network Crashes
  •  
andrewrob

Send a private message to this user
This has happened 3 times now.

For some reason no one can connect to the server and when I get to the server it is on but I cant do anything with it. Cant load system preferences to stop the server, cant load any applications. All network traffic has stopped. Only thing I can do is ping the server from another mac. Only thing I can do is power it down and reboot. Then its fine for a week but then does the same thing again.

Anyone have any ideas? Is there anywhere I can look to find out whats causing it?

Thinking of dropping it back to Mountain Lion in case its a Mavericks problem.
  •  
rickblackdog

I had a similar issue, turns out it wasn't related to kerio, but to time machine recovery partition (or lack thereof on a RAID array). Latest update seemed to solve it though? Mavericks server is a mare for file sharing, but that's another issue!
  •  
andrewrob

How did you determine that was the problem?

I just reformatted and installed Mountain Lion but the same thing happened this morning, wierdly got the message on webmail, "Server Storage Exhausted" but when I rebooted loads of space.

I am now wondering if it is the SSD boot drive on the Mac Mini. Just changed to a different Mac mini with normal HD and will see what happens.

Keen to try and fix the other mac though as its a faster machine.
  •  
rickblackdog

I tested it by turning off time machine, it was going off at particular times (3am).
  •  
andrewrob

Turns out the Promise RAID drive was reporting to the mac that it was out of space when actually it wasnt. I have had to take the Promise out for now but I want to put it back in so if anyone has any ideas.

I am running RAID 6 on the Promise, does anyone have an opinion on the best RAID for Kerio?
  •  
sfpete

Which Promise are we talking here? Pegasus?

•  
andrewrob

Yes Pegasus promise raid 4. 4x1tb drives.
  •  
sfpete

RAID 10... is deal for Kerio Mail Stores.
  •  
derek_500

We are just about to migrate to a Promise Pegasus 2 (4x2TB) and after looking at our options decided RAID 10 was the way to go. RAID 5 and 6 have been criticized as having too slow write speeds to keep a mailserver happy. With only 4 drives, in RAID 10 you get fast performance and it would take more than a single drive failure to cause data loss. You could possibly lose a second drive, depending on which drive was #2 to go and still have a running system. I'm planning on getting a cold spare on hand.

RAID 5 can handle 1 drive failure. RAID 6 can handle two drive failures. RAID 10 can handle one and possibly a second if you are lucky about which is the second drive to fail before trouble.

Since we have daily backups to a different system, we feel safe with RAID 10. It's still a lot better than the single drive it used to run on!!!
Previous Topic: Suppressing the old webmail access
Next Topic: Accessing STORE.FDB file without server environment
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 23:22:07 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00478 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.