Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Bridge or not Bridge (Bridge 2 lan segment with RPN)
  •  
didier.voeltzel

Send a private message to this user
I need to bridge 2 LAN using RPN. I'm asking if I can use Kerio Control to do that (the VPN fonctionnality isn't required)

Thank You

Didier
  •  
ICT and Me

Sorry Didier,

I don't understand your question totally.
You want to Bridge 2 LAN's ? By Routed Privat Network.
But if you put two LAN's into Trusted Interface it will be automatic routed to each other.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
didier.voeltzel

My two computers are in a datacenter and the RPN of each are limited to have only one MAC address. Each computer runs an ESXi Hypervisor and several VM are connected to a vSwitch. My problem is to connect together the vSwitch of each computer. If I just connect the vSwitch to the RPN interface several MAC are exposed (one for each VM) and the unknown MAC are not allowed. that's why I'm looking for a solution to create a bridge between my computers.

Regards

Didier
  •  
ICT and Me

Didier, are those two ESXi host able to connect directly with each other? With crosscable.
So you can make one LAN (vSwitch) and use Kerio control as UTM/Firewall to outside world with two IP numbers.
Then only two mac's will be seen.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
didier.voeltzel

the ESXi are not in my office but in a datacenter and I'm not able to put a cross cable.
I none of them I have a kerio control appliance to control WAN DMZ and LAN subnet
But actually only the WAN is physically connected to a real NIC. The LAN vSwitch isn't connected to any NIC

To expand my capability I take a second dedicated server to install more VM. My problem is to interconnect the LAN subnet present on each machine. The only solution I see is to use a RPN (I have 1 per server) But in this case I'm limited to have only ONE mac address per server.

That's why I think to create a bridge

Regards
Previous Topic: Kerio WEB & HTTP Log Export
Next Topic: Inter Vlan Routing With Kerio 8.2.2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 09:13:23 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00442 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.