Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » migrate server from windows to linux ?
  •  
sappa

Send a private message to this user
Hi guys, we are currently running our server with 900 users on win2k3 system. We have plan migrate this server to linux Centos 6.5 x64. Are they any limitations or know problems?

editing configuration files for change paths are not limitations. But few years back ( version 7.x ) was problem if user use for authentication function "Secure password authentication" in microsoft outlook with installed koc/koff addon.

was this problem resolved or is there any new ?

thank you

•  
diaste

Hi Sappa,

my kerio (100 users on windows 2k3) has been migrated to Linux about 20 months ago.
The transition was painless with exception of the problem that you describe (the version was 7.4.3), to resolve the error was enough for me to do:

• Stop mailserver
• delete __ keriomapi__STORE
• delete specguid.fld
• start mailserver

For the rest all quiet.
I can not tell you if at the time the problem was solved, however it is easily fixable.

I hope I've helped

ps, BTW my windows server for 100 users was a quad-core with 3gb of ram and often used 100% of the resources, now with linux I have a dual core with 3gb of ram and never uses more than 20% of the resources
  •  
  •  
sappa

Hello Jonas thank for your reply in my post I write the editing configuration files to change paths is not limitation or problem

this week I make some tests but this autentication function is still not working or maybe I made some missconfiguration ?

users are stored in AD, mail server running on Linux and on clients is configured authenticating function "Secure password authentication" in microsoft outlook (2010) with installed koc/koff addon

authentication when i enter username and password is working but secure password authentication function not

here are some printscreen

[Updated on: Wed, 16 April 2014 08:01]

•  
Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio)

Hello Eduard,

Yes I read that and the KB article gives you more than "editing configuration files to change paths"

Have you joined your Linux server into the AD domain?

Also to troubleshoot this you can enable "User authentication" in debug log for more clues.

All the best,

Jonas

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

SPA can be used only when Kerio Connect runs on Windows platform. Otherwise only password authentication is possible.
  •  
Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio)

Thanks Pavel, I did not know that!

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
sappa

Yes I join the linux server to windows domain
in debug log is only

[16/Apr/2014 08:52:04][1529] {auth} Basic: first step, we respond with realm

no other errors or any aditional informations

Kerio Connect
~1000 users

Kerio Control
~1000 users
Previous Topic: New webmail
Next Topic: export a list of all groups with addresses to a csv file ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 00:39:07 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00501 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.