Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Looking for advice/best practices Connect Server on Mavericks
  •  
derek_500

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

Just looking for some things I may have overlooked. We are going to migrate our Kerio Connect server from a very old XServe to a new i7 Mac Mini. The system is dedicated to Kerio Connect. 16GB RAM (more than we need right now), 256 GB SSD primary drive. We are attaching a Promise Pegasus RAID (4x2TB, RAID 10) to hold the mail store. We have about 80 users, several with over the recommended quota limits (that's a battle for another day). None with a message count over 100K. Figuring this system should be fast enough and leaves room to grow for a while.

Looking for any good advice/best practices.
Should we put the mail store volumes in the Spotlight Privacy folder? Will that affect Kerio's indexing/searching capabilities?
Any other good advice for making this setup faster/better?
Is there a best practices guide for setting up a Mac for this purpose?

Thanks
-Derek
  •  
tonyswu

I would honestly just exclude the whole Pegasus RAID from spotlight.
  •  
derek_500

That's reasonable enough. Any other changes to the OS or just leave it be? (which is fine)

I don't want to go customizing heavily. I'm just checking to make sure I haven't missed something important.

Thanks
-Derek

(clearly a poorly timed question, all focus seems to be on the openssl bug this week...)
  •  
derek_500

Can anyone answer if the Mac version runs as 64-bit?

Thanks
-Derek
  •  
tonyswu

There were some TCP/IP bugs in version 10.9.1, which were supposedly fixed in 10.9.2, but I am not sure. I am still running 10.7.5 myself, so unfortunately I can't tell you from real experience. Perhaps other people can chime in.
  •  
My IT Indy

I wouldn't run any other services on the server, once you enable webdav filesharing you're going to create issues. Just leave the Server OS as stock (or don't even run a server OS)

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
derek_500

Thanks for the tips. We decided not to run server OS on it, and have 10.9.2 installed. A quick check of processes in Activity Monitor has confirmed that it's a 64-bit program. No other services will be running.

Looks like we'll be good to go. If anybody comes up with performance tips later on feel free to add them here.
-Derek
  •  
MacLab

Add an external drive for a bootable clone of the boot drive another for a clone/backup of the store drive. Have a spare mini on hand.

MacLab, Inc.
Kerio Certified Partner, Reseller, Hosting Provider, Kerio Connect Certified.
http://maclaboratory.com
Previous Topic: Calendar sharing with Outlook user outside of domain via Internet subscription
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 8.2.4 release
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 19:12:20 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00471 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.