Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Expiring Passwords
  •  
lelandbay

Send a private message to this user
I have a question about enabling the option to expire passwords.

If a password is changed today and tomorrow I enable the option to expire a password after 1 week. Will that password expire one week from today or one week from the time I enable the option to expire passwords?
  •  
MacSuperSonic

From the support document:

Any change to these settings (checking/unchecking the option) will reset the counter for password expiry.

So I would assume: The counter is running right after you check the box within the admin interface. When changing the setting or time, the counter would start from the scratch.
  •  
lelandbay

Sorry, it's still unclear to me.

So if I go change it right now to a expire passwords after 1 month all the users passwords will expire at the same time in one month (except if they change it in the next month)?

Yikes. I'm trying to avoid having all the passwords expire at the same time.
  •  
MacSuperSonic

Yes, as I understand the support document, all user counters are reset when you change the setting. Means: Everyone is is getting a mail 21, 14 and 7 days before the password expires. In the last week the users will get a notification every day, so they have to change their password.

If they do so, the counter is reset for the user back. So at that point the users might be changing the password on different days.

If you change the setting after that, all users counters will be reset, so they will get the notification at the same time again.
  •  
lelandbay

Great. Thanks for the info. That answers my question.
Previous Topic: Update failing
Next Topic: Attachements missing when using Outlook 2007 (solved)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 18:17:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00399 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.