Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Installing Raid Drivers or Software Raid? (What can I do?)
  •  
Joe-FlyingCanoe

Send a private message to this user
Hi There.

Purchased an IBM x3100M4 Server with a built in LSI Megaraid Controller in the BIOS. I've installed operator, however when installing it registers there are 2 Hard Drives (SDA and SDB), rather than 1 Drive which should be the RAID.

2 Questions:

How easy is it to install RAID Drivers to Kerio Operator?

If you can't, can Kerio Operator do Software RAID if it can see 2 hard drives (which it can in this case).

When I log into Console as root, I type in "df -vh" and sda appears to be partitioned and setup, where sdb is completely untouched.

Any help or answers would be appreciated, I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting to get some help in this area.

PS: I'm a Kerio Partner reselling Kerio solutions in NZ.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi Joe,

Operator doesn't support software raids. If the raid controller is a hardware raid, linux should see the disks as one drive (block device). Have you setup the raid correctly?

Can you attach the results of 'dmesg'.

Btw, I have never tried to install Operator on a hardware raid. I'm afraid there is a chance it is not possible.

Filip
  •  
Joe-FlyingCanoe

Sure, I'll post the dmesg to come this morning.

The Raid Controller in this instance is built into the BIOS of the IBM x3100M4 Server.

One criticism: RAID support is a must if you're expecting partners and resellers to push the product commercially. Even listing a RAID Hardware Compatibility list for partner assurance? Imagine the headache of a phone call in the middle of the night or as you wake up to learn the hard drive on your server has crapped itself? Perhaps a Linux Software RAID inclusion in future releases is a good idea?

On the Positive Side: The backup file restore is amazing and reinstalling the Kerio Operator OS is insanely quick and reliable.

Anyway, just some feedback.
  •  
Joe-FlyingCanoe

I'm having issues exporting dmesg to a USB stick or something similar.

Tried to make a mnt directory inside tmp but mounting it seems to possibly be an issue.

Any tips?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Email me a support info file (link at the bottom of the system health screen) and the kernel log, which in fact is a dmesg output. You can reach me at fjenicek<_at_>kerio.com .
  •  
Jeeves_

Sounds like host-raid, in which case you need dm-support and kernel-support for that specific card. I'd expect Operator NOT to support this, since host-raid is hell. Smile

Get a proper RAID card to get real raid. Obviously, it would be best if Kerio supported Linux Software Raid..

Offering Kerio and much more. See http://www.tuxis.nl and http://www.kerioindecloud.nl/
  •  
Joe-FlyingCanoe

Yeah, I've done more research on this and I'm not happy with IBM at all! I've found that HP Hardware or Embedded has always worked fine for me.

Hopefully they let me return my server. I won't be making that Mistake Again.
Previous Topic: Adjusting call volume in Kerio Control
Next Topic: Voicemail/fax-to-email From name
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 21:38:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00458 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.