Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Find out mail client
  •  
Grabsteinschubser

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

is there a way to find out what mail client tries to log in? In the security log I can see an ex-employee tries to start an smtp session:

[14/Apr/2014 11:18:23] SMTP: Authentication failed for user xxx. Attempt from IP address xx.xx.xx.xx. External authentication service rejected authentication due to invalid password or authentication restriction.
[14/Apr/2014 11:18:29] Failed SMTP login from xx.xx.xx.xx with SASL method PLAIN.

I talked to him but he says he had deleted his mail-account from all devices. Can I find out which mail client (e.g. user-agent) causes this problem so I can fix this with him?

Thank you!
  •  
clan

The SMTP dialog has no user agent identification. You could try to find out which provider the IP address belongs to, which in turn may point to a device.
  •  
Grabsteinschubser

I did see this coming... ok, thanks Smile
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect 8.2.4 release
Next Topic: Instant Messaging LOG?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 17 23:19:02 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00381 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.