Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Is there a client API timeline?
  •  
mwheeler

Send a private message to this user
Are there still plans for a client side API? We use a software package for Sales/Prospecting/Quoting that needs to integrate with our calendars but cannot due to no Kerio client API. I'm told that Exchange in-house or hosted along with Gmail have this API interface and they suggest moving our users to the Microsoft cloud Exchange for $4.99/user a month. I prefer to keep our e-mail system in-house and if there are future plans for an API I might just temporarily go cloud for calendar function/API and use Kerio Connect for e-mail/contacts. We'll be using Outlook 2010 and Latest version of Kerio Connect. I assume a Kerio Connector account and Exchange account can coexist in Outlook?

Thanks
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

What client API do you mean?
Kerio Connect supports many protocols, such as CalDAV, WebDAV or EWS, which can be used for integration with other services.
  •  
mwheeler

Hi Pavel,

They use an API connection much like your API package for Kerio administration to allow their software package to push/pull the users e-mail and appointments information from their e-mail account into their database to generate calendars, reports, appointment lists, etc.

This is what i had received from them.

After a pretty lengthy evaluation of your current email system's API does not support retrieval of users' emails and appointments. In speaking with them directly they said quote

"we don't really allow third party software to do this kind of integration."

Our response was of course that they should pay attention to what companies like Microsoft and Google allow in their API's and think about it for their future.
I

When I did some research in the forums it looked like an API was in the works.

http://forums.kerio.com/t/20261/web-api
This part of API (Kerio Connect client) is currently under development, not intended for 3rd-party use.

Therefore, functionality might not be fully verified, documented, or even supported. We call it API in progress which means you can use it but keep in mind that we cannot guarantee, there won't be any change in next release.

As there is yet no official document describing this part of API or changes between version, the best way how to get some information is to ask here on forum. We always try to find solution, help or at least some advice...

This is what i found when looking into Exchange EWS API.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dd633710(v=exchg.80).aspx

And this for Gmail calendar API.
https://developers.google.com/google-apps/calendar/v2/develo pers_guide_protocol

•  
Sven G.

<< PUSH >>
any news on documentation plans for Client API?
https://server/webmail/api/jsonrpc/

Which methods are available?
Is it possible to set OutOfOffice and delegation settings via API, or do I have to rebuild Kerio Client form data?

Background: I'm trying to implement OutOfOffice settings for Kerio into Thunderbird...
Previous Topic: Importing calendars from Google to Kerio causes all invites to resend
Next Topic: mail groups for local use only
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Jun 26 02:15:20 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00518 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.