Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Thunderbird/Lightning - Wrong time/timezone
  •  
rcocchiararo

Send a private message to this user
Hi

Some users recently started using thunderbird + lightning for email and calendar.

Events they create in lightning are fine, but when they create them from the "webmail" or get invitations from other people, the wrong time is set.
We then enabled to show the timezone (which was correctly set in settings), and it seems that the wrong one is used, and even after selecting "Americas/Buenos Aires", it is not set to the correct time.

As mentioned, events created in thunderbird show correctly in the webmail, but events created on the webmail or that are received by email will fail (in our case, they are created 3 or 4 hours earlier).

This happens both under windows and linux.

Also, when i open the calendar and sync under thunderbird, the event time is changed in the webmail, to the wrong one.

Finally, if i now edit it in the webmail, it is correctly displayed in thunderbird.

•  
clan

It is not clear, where you set the timezone. It must be set correctly in Lightning and Connect.
  •  
rcocchiararo

The timezone is set correctly in lightning settings.

Kerio connect, as far as i could tell, has no time/timezone options, but the CentOS server where it is installed is correctly configured.

Emails have the right time both in webmail, outlook and thunderbird.

Calendar Events have the correct time/timezone in webmail and outlook, but wrong in lightning when the event is created in the webmail or you get an invitation by email.

•  
clan

There are per-user timezone settings in Connect, they should be set correctly as well.
  •  
rcocchiararo

After getting the reports of my users, i tried this myself both under ubuntu and windows. I myself have no access to outlook, so my tests were done with webmail and lightning.

I have set the timezone IN lightning in both windows and linux.

The OS timezone is also correct (Kerio server and client machines).

Both thunderbird, lightning and kerio connect are updated to the latest version.
  •  
clan

rcocchiararo wrote on Wed, 16 April 2014 15:42
I have set the timezone IN lightning in both windows and linux.

The OS timezone is also correct (Kerio server and client machines).

But did you set the timezone in Connect Webmail? There is a separate per user setting there as well. In the old Webmail they are in Settings->General, in the new client in Settings->Language and Time.
  •  
rcocchiararo

Yes, we have (i forgot to mention that).

MAYBE, the issue could be that they are not synced correctly, and i have to use some other timezone in lighting, but the fact that using lightning creates correctly timed events in the webmail puts me off.
  •  
rcocchiararo

Now another person decided to use EVOLUTION fro email/calendar.

He has the same issue.

It seems there might be a bug with caldav and kerio?
  •  
rcocchiararo

Is this acknowledged or something? or should i file a bug somewhere?
Previous Topic: Kerio mail Limit Error
Next Topic: Access Compressed Archives
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 17:41:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00609 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.