Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Issues with KOC Offline Edition ( Frustrated and Irritated! Update Process finished with Error 28403)
  •  
ADJPNI

Send a private message to this user
For the past several days I've been having nothing but trouble with Kerio Outlook Connector. I have uninstalled and reinstalled KOC several times. Everytime I try to launch MS Outlook I get a message that a upgrade is downloading only to be followed by a "Can't open your default email folder, Outlook is closing". I will let the so called upgrade run it's course and at the end I get the following message. Update Process finished with Error 28403. Needless to say this situation is extremely frustrating and has caused me to lose one of my personal data folders in Outlook. Can someone help or do I need to uninstall Kerio Outlook Connector permanently?

[Updated on: Thu, 17 April 2014 16:17]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This is because you're installing Kerio Outlook Connector version, which is different from your Kerio Connect server version. Download the Kerio Outlook Connector installation package from the Integrations web page on Kerio Connect. It will provide the correct version.
  •  
ADJPNI

Can you send me a link to the proper download? Thanks for your help!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

ADJPNI wrote on Thu, 17 April 2014 17:00
Can you send me a link to the proper download? Thanks for your help!

I cannot. I don't know what Kerio Connect version you have. Open Kerio Connect client (webmail) in your browser and click on "Integration with Windows" link at the bottom.
  •  
ADJPNI

I went through the process you explained and got the same result. I went to the Integration with Windows button and clicked on "Download Kerio Outlook Connector". I downloaded the correct version based on your instructions, tried to launch Outlook after attempting to install the updated Kerio Outlook Connector and the same issue happens. Now what?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Is the downloaded version different from the one you installed previously? If so, is it higher or lower?
I think you need to uninstall Kerio Outlook Connector first and then install the package downloaded from the Integration page on your server.
  •  
ADJPNI

The version I just downloaded is kerio-connect-koff-8.2.4-2559-p1-win.exe. The version that's loaded is kerio-connect-koff-8.2.2550.exe. When I try to open Outlook the upgrade window opens and then it tells me outlook won't open. Go all the way through the process again...and the upload process finished with error 28403 pops up again.
  •  
Petr Silar (Kerio)

Without any logs available, I'm just guessing.
There may be problem with our Updater Service installation.
Please try following:
  • uninstall Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition)
  • uninstall Kerio Updater Service
  • check Kerio Updater Service is really not running (e.g. in cmd.exe
    tasklist /fi "imagename eq ktupdaterservice.exe"
    shows no entry)
  • download Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition) installation package from your Connect's Integration Page for Windows.
  • run downloaded installer.
  • run Outlook and select profile configured to the same Connect as was used to download the installation package.
If this still does not help you I would recommend you to contact our Support for further help.
Previous Topic: Junk e-mail
Next Topic: Out of office feature repeatedly re-sends email to non-existing address
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 26 23:46:53 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00498 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.