Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Roaming users (Allowing users to log in and out of extensions with "follow me")
  •  
nigelayres

Send a private message to this user
Is there an easy way to have roaming extensions? That is for users to be able to move from desk to desk and have their extension follow them? So person A can work on one desk one day and another on another day, potentially swapping with person B? This needs to be such that each person has only one extension and it isn't tied to a specific handset.

I can get close with call queues, but that breaks other things (Operator client for example).

Is there a simple way to achieve this?

Thanks
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

I'm afraid call queue agents are the best alternative so far.
  •  
nigelayres

Is this anything which is being considered as a new feature? We've had a couple of clients ask about this and lost at least one sale because it's not there.

Thanks

Nigel
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

User roaming is not being considered. Not for 2014, at least.

Vladimir
  •  
nigelayres

OK, thanks. That's disappointing. From what we've seen, it does seem to be a popular request. One for a client who wants to implement it on an existing Operator system and another for one who is looking to move from a different system where they currently have the facility. We'll look to add it as a feature request - although I'm very surprised if it's not already there.

Thank you for your advice.
Previous Topic: SIP external interface not registering
Next Topic: Apex-klasse kerio__.KerioOperatorOpenCti
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 21:14:04 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00460 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.