Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Archiving - error journal corruption
  •  
rjohnson

Send a private message to this user
Local disk space was approaching critical capacity on my Kerio server, so I decided to move the archive to a NAS and have it mounted in CentOS.
So far the archives have been working just fine; however, I am now getting a message in the error log that says:
User #archive: journal corruption detected - journal was removed. New profiles in email clients may have to be created (specially in Outlook 2011 and ActiveSync)

It happens every few minutes and is filling up my log fast!!

[Updated on: Fri, 25 April 2014 18:50]

•  
Vicky

Hi Ryan,

Is the mail store on the NAS? As this is not a supported for the mail store. Really the mail store needs to be on the internal drive or connected to a SATA RAID for example. NAS is fine for the backups but I would not recommend having the mail store or the archive on there as Kerio writes a lot of small files and trying to do this to a NAS drive will be considerable slower and may cause error message like the ones you are seeing.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
rjohnson

The Mailstore is local. The backup and archive are the only things going to the NAS. Space is filling up as you can see below, so I will have to find a creative way to make room to put the Archives back on the mailserver.

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
188G 168G 11G 94% /
/dev/xvda1 99M 47M 48M 50% /boot
tmpfs 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /dev/shm
//xxx.x.x.xx/Backups/kerio/archive
912G 624G 288G 69% /mnt/nas/archive
//xxx.x.x.xx/Backups/kerio/backup
912G 624G 288G 69% /mnt/nas/backup
Previous Topic: How to track calendar operations in debug log?
Next Topic: Public folders remain unread
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 20:21:18 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00392 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.