Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » update check failed: coudn´t resolve address of update or proxy server
  •  
saifi

Send a private message to this user
Hello everybody,

I have Kerio Control installed on Linux and since version 8.2.x I am having problems in all Kerio control updates (Kerio control update, Antivirus Update and Intrusion Prevention update.

When I check update checker tab (under Advanced option), I find the update status as:
update check failed: couldn´t resolve address of update or proxy server

If I restart Kerio control, then all updates goes fine. After few hours, this problem occurs again until I reboot Kerio conrtol

Please any help,
Thanks in Advance,
Saifi
  •  
dkrohn

I have the same problem on 8.3
  •  
mlee (Kerio)

In SSH/Terminal, what's the result of nslookup/dig/ping update.kerio.com or download.kerio.com? Have you tried using Google's DNS server 8.8.8.8?

PTSD. BP. OCD. ASPD. BPD. Certified.
  •  
dkrohn

ping shows 195.113.184.55

A new problem has started. "internal antivirus has failed to start" is a new message on the dashboard.
  •  
saifi

Pinging update.kerio.com reply with 195.113.184.55 also
  •  
pvakh

Just solved exactly the same problem by creating explicit traffic rule that allows traffic from Firewall to Internet.

If your client machines can talk to Internet interface it does not imply anymore that Firewall can do it as well.
  •  
saifi

•  
saifi

Creating explicit traffic rule that allows traffic from Firewall to Internet did NOT solve mine. The error continues
Previous Topic: PROBLEM IPSEC ROUTES
Next Topic: App blocking
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 01:47:14 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00458 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.