Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Consolidating Mailboxes (Moving mailboxes from one user to another)
  •  
pchernoff

Send a private message to this user
We have one person set up with 3 mail accounts, 2 of them are from former staff. I want to eliminate 2 of the mail accounts but I need to do this efficiently. Both mail accounts have large amounts of mail and they are broken up into many mailboxes and sub mailboxes. So moving the mailboxes via a mail client will take too long (plus Mail.app seems to timeout when moving too many e-mails in one operation).

I realize that Kerio Connect has an option to transfer e-mails to another account when you delete an account. But I have the impression that this would put all of the e-mail into the new account's inbox, losing the mailbox organization.

Is it feasible to delta the 2 accounts without deleting the mailboxes and move the mailboxes into the remaining account on Kerio?
  •  
Bud Durland

When you delete a user and move that user's mail to another account, the mail from the old account appears as a separate folder named 'Deleted user - JohnDoe' or something similar. The mail is not merged into the existing inbox.
  •  
pchernoff

That is good to know. If the deleted user's mail is organized into folders is that folder structure retained or does it all go into a single mailbox?
  •  
Bud Durland

The mailbox folder structure is preserved. At the OS level, it's a simple move of the sub-directory. Doing through webadmin avoids having to shut down the server, and allows Connect to maintain indexes, storage allocations, etc..
  •  
marcin_rybak

just copy whole tree, to subfolder in deferent user folder. Then click reindex user mailbox in kerio administrator. I've done it many times. Also option with moving deleted user data to new user will work.
Previous Topic: Kerio WEBMAIL Archiving Feature Request
Next Topic: kimt connection to kerio connect failed
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 08:14:38 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00439 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.