Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » kimt connection to kerio connect failed (trying to run kimt migration tool)
  •  
robertflavia

Send a private message to this user
I am trying to run kimt to migrate emails and calendars from our existing email system (OX6) to kerio.

I installed kerio-connect-kimt-8.2.4-2550-linux.tar.gz. I installed kimt on my laptop. I did not install kimt on the kerio-server.

On the first screen I enter the IMAP of our existing email server.

On the second screen I enter the kerio-connect settings. I get this error message (see attached file "kimt_connection_failed.png")

"Connection to Kerio Connect failed. Please check the typed hostname and try to connect again."

I have verified the hostname, username and password.

How do I debug this?
1. Are there log files I can examine? The kerio-server log files are not showing my attempts to login.
2. Where must kimt be installed?
3. As what user must kimt be run?
4. Any other advice?

Kind regards

Rob

•  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Please see this article:

http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configurati on/export-and-migration/kerio-imap-migration-tool-1468.html

If it doesn't help, post the KIMT logs here (location described in article).
It doesn't matter on which machine and as what user KIMT is run, important is if the ports described are accessible (IMAP or IMAPS and 44337).

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
robertflavia

Thanks you for your quick reply!

Yes could be the port ... I've asked the system admin to unblock the port.

I cannot find logs when I run kimt.

1. Where do I find the logs?
2. Is there a command line parameter to pass to kimt to enable logging?

Kind regards

Robert

[Updated on: Tue, 06 May 2014 15:52]

•  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Logs should be here: ~/KimtLogs/MMDDYYYY_HHMMSS
Logging is always enabled.

Pavel Špalek
  •  
robertflavia

Thank you! Found the logs.

Here is the contents of report.txt

Source ImapServer greeting: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.

And here is debug.log

LogManager initialized successfully; reportFileName='/home/XXXXX/KimtLogs/05062014_133646/report.txt', debugFileName='/home/XXXXX/KimtLogs/05062014_133646/debug.log'
[13654]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:131 (testImap): KMS test on IMAP server - cannot connect.
Testing IMAP server: linsvr04
Connection to IMAP server failed
[13656]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:131 (testImap): KMS test on IMAP server - cannot connect.
Testing IMAP server: linsvr04
IMAP server connection tested successfully.
Source ImapServer greeting: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.
[13659]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:205 (testKms): Testing KMS on linsvr29
[13659]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:247 (testKms): TinyDB test - cannot connect.
[13662]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:205 (testKms): Testing KMS on linsvr29
[13662]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:247 (testKms): TinyDB test - cannot connect.
[13663]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:205 (testKms): Testing KMS on linsvr29
[13663]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:247 (testKms): TinyDB test - cannot connect.
[13664]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:205 (testKms): Testing KMS on linsvr29
[13664]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:247 (testKms): TinyDB test - cannot connect.
[13665]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:205 (testKms): Testing KMS on linsvr29
[13665]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:247 (testKms): TinyDB test - cannot connect.
[13666]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:205 (testKms): Testing KMS on linsvr29
[13666]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:247 (testKms): TinyDB test - cannot connect.
[13669]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:205 (testKms): Testing KMS on linsvr29
[13669]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:247 (testKms): TinyDB test - cannot connect.
[13670]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:205 (testKms): Testing KMS on linsvr29
[13670]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:247 (testKms): TinyDB test - cannot connect.
[13671]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:205 (testKms): Testing KMS on linsvr29
[13671]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:247 (testKms): TinyDB test - cannot connect.
[13672]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:205 (testKms): Testing KMS on linsvr29
[13672]	In /mnt/temp/Builds/KMS-2550_linux/repository/mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MeAPI.cpp:247 (testKms): TinyDB test - cannot connect.
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

"TinyDB test - cannot connect" means that port 44337 on the server linsvr29 is not accessible (I'm sorry, this is not very transparent).
If you would supply wrong admin credentials, the log record will be different, so the the problem is in connection.
Maybe firewall?

Pavel Špalek
  •  
robertflavia

Yes, the port on the firewall was blocked (telnet xx.zz.yy.ww 44337 did not work).

Once again thanks for your help.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 May 2014 15:49]

Previous Topic: Consolidating Mailboxes
Next Topic: default email and KOFF
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 20:16:41 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00443 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.