Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Hold ties up phone (Placing a call on hold ties up phone.)
  •  
mjackson

Send a private message to this user
When I place a call on hold my phone gives a dial tone but will not allow me to place the phone back on the base, say to run to the bathroom or something. If I place the handset back on the base the speaker phone kicks in with the same dial tone. I cannot get away from it. Nothing I do other than making a call clears the dial tone. It is almost like it is forcing me to dial another ext if I place someone on hold.

When I press hold and pick the call back up everything is fine from the callers end. They hear hold music and such.

Suggestions? Is this an error or a configuration issue. I am on the latest release and using a snom 821.

Thanks
  •  
mjackson

79 views and not response, I am going to guess this is something strange with my setup then.

Does anyone know if HOLD is a function of the Kerio or do the phones handle this. Being that music is played I am guessing the Kerio but I do not see any options to correct this?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Music on hold is provided from Kerio Operator however the behavior when switching calls or dialing is implemented locally in the phone. I recommend that you check Snom's manuals, knowledge base, or their support forum.
  •  
mjackson

I am looking for confirmation that what happens when I place a caller on hold is in fact not working as designed.

My 821 is auto provisioned and I think this may have started after my last operator update. We are in the heavy testing and documentation stage of a system launch.

Is there a way I can roll back an update for testing or test my phone with a test setup you have?

•  
mjackson

Update: I found a Polycom phone I forgot we had. Hold works as it should with that phone.

Can anyone with an Snom 821 test this with the latest Kerio updates for me? Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  •  
mjackson

Update: I heard back from Snom. There is a setting "Dialtone during Hold:" by default it is set On. Not sure why that makes since for anyone.

Is there a way I can make this adjustment to auto provisioning?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

add the following line to the snom template override (Phones -> Advanced -> Template Overrides -> Snom ... main configuration file).
cw_dialtone!: off

Best
Filip
  •  
mjackson

Unless there is a certain spot in the template you have to place that line it did not make a change to my phone. The line that changes in the xml output when I switch that setting is: <cw_dialtone perm="">on</cw_dialtone>

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

You can place it anywhere, for example above the ntp_server line.

It is possible that the option is ignored due to the exclamation mark. Please try it again without it.
cw_dialtone: off
  •  
mjackson

That did it. Thanks for the help.
Previous Topic: changes in extensions.conf
Next Topic: Transfer to VM with login prompt
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 14:36:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00513 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.