Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mailing List help needed
  •  
McIrish

Send a private message to this user
We are in a situation where we are starting to use the Mailing List function instead of AD distribution groups because AD integration with Connect won't allow us to limit who can send to a group. This works pretty well but is missing a key feature and I'm wondering if anyone has a workaround.

Create a new Mailing List named "Management" and set the rights to allow members and moderators to send email to the group. That works fine BUT I need to allow a handful of non-members to send to the Management group too, without having to have a moderator approve it. I don't want to add these people to the group because they are not managers and would see sensitive info occasionally. But. they still need to be able to send to the group. I don't see a way to add rights to individual users to send. All these users would be domain users, but I don't see a way to even allow ONLY domain users to send to the group.

Anyone have an idea on how to do this? I've had to open it up to allow non-members to send to the group but that opens up that email to spammers. I could use some help.
Thanks
Tom
  •  
Charles B

I don't think there is a way to do exactly what you want--Kerio's mailing list implementation is pretty bare-bones.

You could try making your non-management email senders moderators. Moderators don't automatically get copies of the emails sent to the group.

As long as you have the various moderator-notification settings turned off,and you manually add and remove the members rather than using the send-mail-to-join/leave functionality, they should not see anyemails from the listserver.

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
  •  
McIrish

from my quick tests, the moderator is always getting the emails, but that was a good idea. I had thought about that for a while. I wish Kerio would add an extra category for "approved senders". That would have made this easy
  •  
Charles B

McIrish wrote on Wed, 07 May 2014 14:46
from my quick tests, the moderator is always getting the emails...

If your moderator is always getting the emails, perhaps the posting policy is set to "moderator must approve"?.

I'm in the moderator list for a couple lists that I'm not receiving the emails for. On those two groups I only get the subscription notices and bounce/error messages--but both of those options could be un-checked

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
  •  
McIrish

Thanks Charles,
I better recheck my settings. maybe I have the moderator also in the group.
Previous Topic: Copy all email to another person
Next Topic: [Please ignore] Test post as there are users suggesting that they cannot post on Connect forum
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 23:41:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00512 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.