Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » CardDav Issues
  •  
benjalamelami

Send a private message to this user
I am running 8.2.4 and my clients are running OSX 10.9.2

I have noticed that the Contacts app does not work properly with this particular version of Kerio as I if automatically set up the account, I see that it keeps asking me for a password. The debug log shows the following:

[07/May/2014 18:25:47] HTTP/CardDav: Authentication failed for user user<_at_>domain. Attempt from IP address 10.253.142.2. External authentication service rejected authentication due to invalid password or authentication restriction.

I do know the password is ok. I have carefully retyped it scores of times. I also know I have no restriction with this service as basically I don't restrict services per user. The default is all protocols are allowed for everyone.
  •  
Vicky

Send a private message to this user
Hi Ben,

Does this problem exist if they are internal? As I can see part of the error mentions 'External Authentication'. Also if your users happen to be authenticating to a directory server try enabling 'User Authentication' in the debug log (Select debug log->Right click in right hand window->Messages) to get more detail as to why its failing.

I hope this helps.

All the best,
Vicky
Previous Topic: [Please ignore] Test post as there are users suggesting that they cannot post on Connect forum
Next Topic: Feature Request: Active Directory Organisational Unit UI Integration
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 26 03:53:32 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00376 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.