Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Howto setup Kerio Connect for two mail DB?
  •  
Lucano

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

we'd like to setup Kerio Connect on the server, where company wants to migrate their current two email domains located in the cloud (some email hosting).

But, what is better - see description below.

Install Kerio Connect into the Hyper-V virtual on the Server windows 2012 or install it directly on the Server 2012? (Another services are running, b/c it is also a DC).

This Server has already one public IP adress, but we need to migrate two domains, so how we can set it on the one server? (Kerio afaik support two or even more domains).

e.g. <_at_>XYZ.cz - one public IP address (DNS will be applicated)
e.g. <_at_>YZX.cz - another one public IP address (DNS will bew applicated)

I just cannot imagine right now how to make it. Should we add one more ethernet controller in to the server or set the another public IP in different way?

Thank you for replies... would help a lot.

Kingsly regards,

Lukas
  •  
Bud Durland

You can host multiple domains in one KC server, using a single IP address. KC will put the incoming mail into the appropriate domain. Just configure the domains with the mail host's DNS records pointing to the public IP address of your mail server. The message store for the domains is separate, but will have the same 'root' (i.e. d:\kerio\mail\domain1.com\ and d:\kerio\main\domain2.com\)

You'll likely have a *very* slight performance hit running KC virtualized, but that will definitely be offset by the advantages.
  •  
My IT Indy

The only issue I see is DNS settings for the mailserver URL. Kerio supports 1 SSL cert at a time so you need to figure out how to work around that.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
MarkK

I believe what you need is a SAN SSL certificate that can handle multiple domain names.
Previous Topic: Add email address to whitelist - new vs old webmail
Next Topic: Is to possible to extend the trial version of Kerio Connect?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 21:32:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00508 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.