Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Custom MX RECORDS (Help would be appreciated!)
  •  
gornati

Send a private message to this user
Hello all!

We have office a with kerio connect running fine, with domain-a.com.

Office b with kerio connect, with domain-b.com running fine.

We also have a VPN TUNNEL connecting both offices.

Is it possible to make all mail sent from office b to domain-a.com go thru the tunnel and not over the open internet? and vice-versa?

Office A runs windows 2k3.

Office B runs windows 2k8.

Both on latest kerio version.

What is the best way to do it?

Thanks
  •  
My IT Indy

You could put DNS records in each location that would point at each server.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
gornati

What if i configure the domain on both servers, with no users on one of them, and tell KERIO to forward message if user not found?
  •  
clan

Wouldn't it be easier to set a route to send all traffic between the offices through the VPN?
  •  
tonyswu

gornati wrote on Mon, 12 May 2014 18:34
What if i configure the domain on both servers, with no users on one of them, and tell KERIO to forward message if user not found?

This is not going to help much. Your 2 servers are already passing emails between each other, what you need is for the 2 servers to recognize each other as devices on the same channel.

HoosierMac's recommendation is the easiest. You don't even need to setup separate DNS records if you don't want to. Simply modifying the hosts file would be sufficient.

Another way you can do this is through firewall routing, like 1-to-1 NAT.
Previous Topic: Complet emails on iPhone! Why?
Next Topic: How do I register the trial version of kerio connect?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 12:12:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00434 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.