Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » New users not invited to existing shared calendars
  •  
chrisk7

Send a private message to this user
Established users on the kerio mail server have set their calendars to share to all users on the server.

When a new user is configured and their calendar is shared with the server, all the existing users get the invitation to accept this in iCal.

However, the new user does not receive any invitation to accept the existing calendars already shared to the domain or the server.

The only workarounds I can find are:

1. Have the existing user change permissions to none, and then re-share with the server or domain. This works, and does not appear to interrupt established users access to the calendars so far. But it's a pain, as it means having each user go into webmail and turn off sharing and then turn it on again. This has to be done each time the user

2. Have those users share that calendar specifically with the new user or users.

Am I missing an option, or is there a server side command I can run. Either in the admin or via command line?
  •  
chrisk7

Send a private message to this user
Wanted to update and add how I resolved this.

In the webmail, you can go to your Calendar, then click the + sign and add calendars for other users under People. That adds those calendars to webmail.

To get them to show up in iCal, you have to go to Settings, then Folders to Sync. Under CalDav, those users you added in the web calendar will now show up in the folder list. Check the box for the calendars there, and they will appear in iCal. You can also get those same shared calendars to show up on the phone by checking them under Exchange Active Sync.

This might be common knowledge for some, but I had a lot of trouble finding the answer. It would still be nice if invitations automatically came up for new users, or if there were a way to resend invitations server-side to new users, as it's the easiest way for users to manage this.
Previous Topic: Outlook Connector 8.1.2 Won't Uninstall
Next Topic: Intermittently cannot receive e-mails from certain overseas domains
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 22:32:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00386 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.