Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Exchange Migration (Domain alias)
  •  
Bud Durland

Send a private message to this user
We are planning the migration of a division's Exchange server into our existing Kerio Connect (8.2) server, using the Kerio Exchange Migration Tool. My specific question is, when the KEMT runs, does KEMT honor domain aliases?

Ideally, I'd like to set up the division's domain (division.com) as an alias of our main domain (headquarters.com), and when KEMT runs, have all the migrated users placed in headquarters.com.

Will this work?

Thanks in advacne for any advice.
  •  
Bud Durland

Additional question: Does the machine running the KEMT need to me a member of the AD domain where the exchange server resides?
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Domain cannot be changed during migration, so the users after migration will be placed in domain division.com. But then you can create domain alisas or rename this domain to headquarters.com.

The machine where KEMT is running doesn't need to be in AD domain.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
Bud Durland

I cannot rename the division.com domain to headquarters.com, because headquarters.com already exists. So, if the KEMT forces the creation of a standalone division.com domain (won't honor it as an alias of headquarters.com), then I'll need to plan on merging the domains later.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 May 2014 14:03]

•  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

KEMT uses primary SMTP address to identify user domain, unfortunately aliases are not considered.

Pavel Špalek
  •  
Bud Durland

Well, at least now I know. Thanks for the information. Off to do some testing..
  •  
Bud Durland

Can an OutLook client use both the Kerio OutLook Off-Line connector and a connection to an Exchange host at the same time? The KOFF connection would be primary, the exchange connection for migration/historical data only.
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

This configuration should be functional, there can be only some minor issues when sending message from secondary (Exchange) account, e.g. when using different Reply-to address (message is sent successfuly, but Reply-to is not set).

Pavel Špalek
Previous Topic: POP before SMTP relay
Next Topic: Update Windows 32bit to 64bit
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 03:44:06 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00460 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.