Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2013: Invites for shared calenders
  •  
agrz

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

with the new Kerio connect version (8.2.x) in Outlook 2013 (Windows), I get an error when I try to invite people to an event in a shared calender. There is an error that I have no delegation rights.
The calender is a shared team calendar which is defined as resource and not as full account. I can create events there with no problem. With the old Kerio version it worked fine in Outlook 2013 to invite people to these events too. Now this works no longer. It still works in Webmail and with other mail clients like Thunderbird or Outlook for Apple.
Any tips what needs to be changed to have this working again in Outlook 2013?
Thanks
Alexander
  •  
AndreasL

I bring this up ...

To use it you have to setup the delegation feature. User have to delegate the resource manager to use this feature now. But there is a BIG problem: activating the delegation share the inbox too!!! This brings me in serious trouble. I need a fix soon.

My customer use two resources (rooms). The CEO made a reservation, the secretary as manager get the request and manage the entry. This work up to V8.2 and then comes up the delegation problem.

The secretary should NOT have access to the inbox of the CEO to manage the resource entrys. Its a big problem in laws (security, secrets breaks).

How to fix this quickly?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

AndreasL wrote on Wed, 21 May 2014 21:23

My customer use two resources (rooms). The CEO made a reservation, the secretary as manager get the request and manage the entry. This work up to V8.2 and then comes up the delegation problem.

I'm not sure I understand this scenario correctly. CEO creates a meeting in his calendar and invites a resource. The resource answers and confirms/rejects the invitation. What is the role of the secretary?
  •  
AndreasL

its the same problem as described here: http://forums.kerio.com/m/110740/?srch=delegate#msg_110740

I will try to write down the whole process in the company. I have to go there and talk to the people what exactly happen.

I knew the following: CEO has his private calendar and share this to the sekretary. This work up to V8.2.2 . The CEO put an event in his calender and invite some other people and the resource. The resource manager get the notice. Up to V8.2.2 the people who have shared access can edit the calendar entrys from the CEO. If I understand the people in the company right its no longer possible to edit theses entry without activate the delegation.

I may be wrong. I hope I get a full presentation of the problem tomorrow and will report it if I get new details.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 May 2014 23:17]

•  
AndreasL

Now I have all information and can tell whats going on.

The basics:
- Kerio 8.2.4 Windows, Outlook 2010 with KOFF Windows
- We have person A who share his private calendar to person B, B is set to administrator rights for this calendar too.
- Person A use his private calendar for everything and sync it with mobile devices
- There is no public calender in this company
- We have a resource for a room, person A and B are connectect to the resource calendar

Now the problem:
- Person B open the shared calendar from person A and create an entry, save and close
- Person B open the calendar entry again and forward it to person A. Person A get a mail that a new calendar entry exists, just for notify.
- Person A send a mail to person B: The entry is ok, time is good, but he need a room and some more participant, please do it for me.
- Person B open the calendar entry again and try to add the resource and some other contacts as participant

If person B try this with kerio V8.2.2+ they get an error message that they dont have the right to do this and he need to use the delegation feature.
In Kerio below V8.2.2 it worked without problems.
To work around person B can create the reservation in the resource itself but in this case the calendar of the resource show the name of person B for the entry. Person A dont know if this reservertion for him or maybe for person C or D
With the old method the reservation is made in the name of person A and everything is clear.

If I enable delegation this problem is fixed but it shares the INBOX to person B and this cause serious trouble. There is no way to allow this in this company.

I hope this description is clear enough whats going on and what need to be changed.

Regards
Andreas

[Updated on: Thu, 22 May 2014 16:12]

•  
dschuel

I have exactly the same problem with 8.3.0

i hoped, that it would be possoible to setup a second mapi account in KOF and to send invitations WITHOUT getting this error / having to setup delegation rights.

Example:

- public calendar for academy courses
- CEO would be very happy if another person can see his inbox

Delegegation of INBOX is a no-go !

Please fix this asap!
Previous Topic: Outlook
Next Topic: Set "Public Contacts" as default in Outlook
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 22:05:13 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00420 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.