Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Move domain from Server A to Server B (Move a single domain (SVR A) to Server B which contains multiple production domains already)
  •  
jimsworld

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am looking for a method (set of instructions) to move a single domain from production "server A" to production "server B". The target server (B) already contains other production domains and thus i do not wish to impact these during / after a migration (restarts are OK).

How do i migrate the server A domain/users without impacting server B. The nearest method i could find was this, but its not confirmed that this works.

1. Do a backup from the server A.

2. To a restore of the backups to the production server B using:

kmsrecover -d customerdomain.com -s /Path/to/MailStore -m mail /Path/to/FullBackupFromOldServer.zip

kmsrecover -d customerdomain.com -s /Path/to/MailStore -m public /Path/to/FullBackupFromOldServer.zip

•  
Kedar

Send a private message to this user
Moving of data is only part of neccessary steps, but you need also modify configuration files, databases, indexes... I think you must create same domain and users (with some new passwords) on server B and then move their data.

There is article in our Knowledge Base which describes moving between domains on one server, it can be used also for moving between servers - http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configurati on/accounts/how-do-i-move-a-user-to-a-different-domain-329.h tml

If your users are in Active Directory or Open Directory, the easiest way is switch this domain from "local" to "distributed" (ie. one domain over more servers) and you can then move users between servers by few clicks in web admin.

for more information about distributed domain, see http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configurati on/domains/distributed-domains-in-kerio-connect-1178.html
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect update / KOC question
Next Topic: Sharing Calendars - Kerio Connect 8.3
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 00:22:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00341 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.