Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Developer Zone » API/SDK Writers » special characters in calendars not working (I would be grateful for help)
  •  
Xaserx8

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I wrote an application to synchronize the Kerio Webserver with a CRM-System which stores its data in a SQLServer.

I am using the Simple CalDAV/CardDAV Connector for Kerio Connect from
https://github.com/Kerio/cdav-connector

So far everything is working quite well but I can't seem to transfer parameters with special characters (like Ä,Ö,Ü,ä,ö,ü,ß).

Since this software is used in germany i have to get this working.

I actually succeeded with this in the VCards since there is a function "setCharset()" for the paramters.
It seems like there is nothing of the sort for VEvents and its paramters or I just can't find it.

I tried to transfer strings in different charsets to the VEvent and the only thing I achieved is that instead of cutting the string as soon as a special character is listed
(Hägar -> H and Brösel -> Br)
the webserver displays the special characters as question marks and cuts one character off the end of the string for every special character in it
(Hägar -> H?ga and Brösel -> Br?se and Hülüasdf -> H?l?as)

I am certain that this is a pretty easy fix but I haven't worked with charset that much so I believe I just lack the knowledge to fix it myself.

I would be grateful if somebody could put me in the right direction or solve this problen all together.

Thank you!
Previous Topic: KControl : TrafficRule id
Next Topic: Edit Date für VCards & VEvents
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Jul 25 14:36:14 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00384 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.