Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Synchronization Conflict (can't figure this one out)
  •  
monkeymissile

Send a private message to this user
Hello All,
First off let me say I did research this topic on here earlier and the only likely reason I could find for my situation was that my user tried to modify the subfolder in question without the proper permissions. However, I checked the permissions and the user is currently able to edit the folder.
We are using the KOFF edition.

Any ideas?

thanks,
JTB

• Attachment: error.tiff
    (Size: 71.28KB, Downloaded 155 times)
  •  
monkeymissile

nobody has any ideas they can throw my way?

thanks!
  •  
Charles B

Just guessing here, but...

I've seen where users have edit permissions on a folder, and try to create a subfolder. With only edit permissions on the folder, they can add new emails to the folder, but can't create subfolders in it. The users required admin permission level in order to create new subfolders.

I've also seen situations with my users where they may have edit permissions on a folder, but not on subfolders, thus resulting in access problems while trying to deal with email in the subfolder. In those cases, removing the affected user's permission checking the "Set also to all subfoldersnow" box and clicking OK, then re-adding them (with the subfolders box checked) resolved the issue.

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
  •  
monkeymissile

thanks, will give this a try.
Have you noticed the folder permissions look quite different between webmail and outlook?
  •  
Charles B

monkeymissile wrote on Wed, 28 May 2014 07:42

Have you noticed the folder permissions look quite different between webmail and outlook?

Indeed. If you haven't looked at it yet, try the Old Webmail interface--I think it has the most accurate view of folder permissions.

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
  •  
monkeymissile

right, I had forgotten about the old webmail. I see lots of duplicate users when looking at folder permissions through that. Argh.
I agree that the old webmail looks the most complete, but is there a recommendation from Kerio as to what to use to properly manage folder permissions?
Previous Topic: Rating e-mail as SPAM does not work (Kerio Webmail) (Solved)
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 8.3 - Problem with contacts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 01:33:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00389 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.