Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Items Clean Out (Items Clean Out Feature)
  •  
catoxpress

Send a private message to this user
Does anyone know if this feature, if enabled at the User level, will clear out the INBOX messages? We maintain a job board that gets hundreds of messages a day and they sit there accumulating to massive amounts. I'd like to set the items clean out feature to automatically delete them after 30 days. I set the "all folders except contacts and notes" to 30 days but nothing happens.

I don't get it.
  •  
Radek Sip (Kerio)

It's 30 days after last manipulation with file on the disk, not from receiving of message.

The cleanout agent is running periodically and there is some limit of removed items per folder on one run. See Operation logs for "$cleanout_agent"

[20/May/2014 15:40:55] {DELETE} Protocol: SYSTEM, User: $cleanout_agent, Folder: ~user@domain.tld/Junk E-mail, From: "Business Phone System" <BusinessPhoneSystem@spamers.tld>, Subject: "**SPAM** Here are some business phone options for you", Msg-Id: <db7bb33ee9b51a8ab6beaed06b995140<_at_>spammers.tld>, Delivered: 20/Apr/2014 14:58:52, Size: 7163

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Radek Sip (Kerio)

The limit is 1000 items per folder at one time:
<variable name="AutoDeleteFolderLimit">1000</variable>

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Dennis W

Hi,

I'm having problems with the auto delete feature.
I have recently configured auto delete for a user - all folders x years.
Now, I'm wondering why the cleanout agent doesn't delete way older items like it does for other users.
I checked the mails and the files on the filesystem.
Does the agent goes by the timestamp of the email, the timestamp of the file 'created' or the timestamp of the file 'last modified'?

Nothing but the timestamp of the email wouldn't make sense to me but it seems like it's the modification date.
That would be bad because when I open a #msgs-folder with the windows explorer, the modification date changes...
And in case of a recreated account, I would have to wait x years from the recreation date to have an effect?

And what does periodically mean?
Does it start whenever the server is on low cpu load or I/O?
Is there a way to trigger it manually?

Thanks in advance!
Previous Topic: "Out of office" and groups
Next Topic: Statistics Button
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 09:29:13 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.