Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Call queues and forwarding to a mobile
  •  
fictillius

Send a private message to this user
I am working on a small Operator deployment for a company with two small offices. They have a single incoming main number and at the moment they forward this to where required either office 1, office 2 or a mobile.

I'd like to deploy a call queue for them - it will make it easier to handle calls when busy and staff at either location are able to take a call from the queue.

However sometimes there is no one at either location and calls need to go to a mobile. Ideally an agent could hit call forward all but Operator prevents calls being forwarded out of a queue. An agent could be a soft phone on a mobile but there is an issue with data access with the mobile coverage, forwarding to a normal mobile number would be the best situation.

Does anyone have some ideas on how this can be achieved without having to go into kerio operator admin every day and changing call routing settings (i.e change the SIP routing to an individual extension forwarding to a mobile) Time based auto attendant scripts are not really the answer either because having the main number going to a mobile is not an after hours thing but depends on staff traveling etc.

Thanks for any advice
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I can offer you two approaches.

Use dynamic agents and have the users log in/out of the queue when they arrive/leave the office. Configure the queue to fallback to a mobile number when there are no agents logged in.

or

On the agents tab, un-check "Ignore call forwarding requests before a call is answered". The ForwardAll button on your desk phones should then work.

Filip
  •  
fictillius

I like the idea of the second one - individual agents being able to forward their extension when required.

I am just testing with Cisco 79xx phones, is CFwdALL soft key on these not supported? Just getting beeps no matter what number I enter to forward to, even another extension
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

There is a catch with the second approach. When one of the agents use the ForwardAll button, he basically automatically answers all calls from the queue. The result is that other agents don't ring and everything goes to one person.

The CFwdALL button should work. If you can dial the number manually, you should be able to use it in forwarding.
  •  
tofo-cz

Hello,
i want to ask. Works "Ignore call forwarding requests before a call is Answered"
if I have two lines and both are redirected to the mobile phone * 9777777777?

I created the queue contains two agents that are redirected to an external line.
When called on queues, just playing music, and neither agent starts to ring.
Previous Topic: Kerio Operator 2.3.5 Patch 1
Next Topic: Best supported handset
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Jun 23 03:44:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.