Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Change Mainboard on Appliance (changed MAC)
  •  
HardyE

Send a private message to this user
Hello Kerio-Admins!
I have to Change the Mainboard of an Appliance-System with Kerio Contol.
How should I go to upgrade the System?
I think all network-Cards will get new MAC-addresses, so I should re-configure everything or is it possible to reassembly from the old MAC to the new so that all traffic-rules will work probably. The Names of the NICs will be the same on the new System.
What is the "best practice way" for my plan?

Thanks a lot!
  •  
matthiawi

Change MAC address of any interfaces. That would be a great feature!

forums.kerio.com/t/26782/
  •  
HardyE

Where can I Change the MAC?
Control is not running under an ESXi, it runs on a Hardware network-appliance!
  •  
Lewald

Ok

there is no Need to Change Mac adresses or other. Normally you can make a backup of your Firewall. Then Change Mainboard and install a new blank kerio Firewall. then Import the backup. Then the wizzard asked you how to map old Network adapter names to new Network Adapter names. thats all.
Previous Topic: set an interface for only one user
Next Topic: error 28201
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 12:53:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00390 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.