Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio VPN - Client cannot access windows file share (Kerio VPN Windows file share access problems.)
  •  
Shaamil

Send a private message to this user
Firewall Rules

-- to enable the vpn client to connect to KWF --
name: VPN service
source: Internet Interfaces
dest: firewall
service: kerio VPN
action: allow
translation: none

-- to allow a vpn client to use resources in the lan --
name: vpn clients to lan
source: vpn clients
dest: Trusted/Local Interfaces
service: all
action: allow
translation: none

* The Kerio Control Server is behind an ADSL router. I have configured the Kerio Control Server Machine as the DMZ in the ADSL router.

* Kerio Control Server is joined to a Windows Server 2012 domain.

*Kerio Control Server is the default Gateway,DNS Server and DHCP Server for all computers on the domain.

* VPN Client is connected with a domain user with all privileges to the shared folders on the file servers.

* I can connect to the VPN Server from a Windows 8 machine with the Kerio VPN Client. I can Ping the LAN Computers without any problem (via ip or hostname). However I am unable to access shared folders on the file servers.

I even tried this:
net use x: \\server\share secretpassword /user:server\john

Windows error message states that "The operation cannot be performed because the user has not been authenticated."

Please Help.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 May 2014 22:48]

•  
SHendsbee

Send a private message to this user
Try using the IP Address for the Server, as the NetBIOS name is likely not resolving. The only way I have achieved what you are attempting is with a Site to Site VPN with a DNS Server and Domain Controller at both ends. However I have used a netuse command with the IP Address of the server and made the connection. You will however be prompted for the credentials as Windows does not match up the IP Address credentials to the NetBIOS name.
Previous Topic: [SOLVED] NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET (Active Directory)
Next Topic: problem with WebDav request and svn
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 17 11:43:34 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00390 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.