Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Trying to configure Kerio Connect for testing (Help on setup of Kerio)
  •  
Mahlak

Send a private message to this user
Hi there guys, im new to this software, this is my case:

I'm trying to test this software to see if it works in various environments, so basically I have a few computers running windows with outlook, and some Ipads and Iphones, what I'm trying to do is to synchronize all emails from all these different platforms into a single software that manages all these emails and stores them aswell, I don't wanna buy this software and rent a server unless I put it work, right now i'm testing on a local server using XAMPP, im already running both softwares and they are working but i'm having a few difficulties in configuring this, starting with hotmail emails, I don't know what steps I should take to setup this, can someone help me on this one?

Best Regards
  •  
MarkK

"having a few difficulties in configuring this, starting with hotmail emails"

I don't understand what you are trying to say here? Are you trying to have it go out an retrieve emails from Hotmail.com and store those on Kerio Connect?
  •  
Mahlak

Yes I want Kerio connect to retrieve the emails from hotmail.com and store as well, basically I want it to work like a global outlook with separate accounts from each computer and the other devices.
  •  
MarkK

Have you followed the instructions in
http://manuals.kerio.com/connect/adminguide/en/sect-pop3dloa d.html

You would have to set this up in the Admin panel for each remote POP3 box. And the synch would happen on the server's set time frame to do the synch, and not when the user logs in.
  •  
Mahlak

I'm gonna try this guide thank you Cool just one other question is it possible for what I want but with SMTP instead of POP3?
  •  
MarkK

"is it possible for what I want but with SMTP instead of POP3"

SMTP doesn't work that way.

SMTP is used to send mail, not to retrieve mail. (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol)

POP3 (Post Office Protocol 3) is used to retrieve emails from the remote server. There are other protocols that can retrieve email, such as IMAP or MAPI, but Kerio Connect only uses the POP3 protocol to do what you are asking.

So to answer your question, No you can not use SMTP to retrieve the Hotmail emails because SMTP does not do that. That is an SMTP limitation, not a Kerio Connect limitation.
  •  
Mahlak

Okay, thank you very much for the clarification, I'll see what I can do with this information Smile best regards
  •  
fishtech

Quote:
I'm trying to do is to synchronize all emails from all these different platforms into a single software that manages all these emails and stores them aswell,

You are trying to do this on a server?

Normally an email client app with multiple accounts would do this across different devices. You can configure multiple accounts on iPad, iPhone, Outlook, etc. With LDAP the user can make changes on different servers which are shown in each client software app.

Sorry if I mis-understood you.

Regards,

ft.
  •  
Mahlak

Yes, i'm trying this on a server, thank you for that information, i'll make use of it, I'm gonna try this suggestions by monday and let's see how it goes Smile
  •  
Mahlak

Hello there, one other question about configuring Kerio, is it possible to make Kerio to retrieve emails on POP3 and when sending to the other devices to be on a different protocol like IMAP? My client wants the server to work on POP3 for retrieval but on the client side he wants the emails to be sent on IMAP.
  •  
MarkK

Yes. POP3 will be what you can figure in the admin panel to pull the emails. Then whatever you configure the client to use is what it will use to send and receive the emails from the server.
Previous Topic: 8.3 Footer email signatures
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 8.3.0 release
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 13:22:26 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00668 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.