Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Question for Kerio Control Gurus
  •  
Emiks

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'm starting as Sys admin at a large company, they have more than 30 branch office over the country, and have pfsense on every branch as gateway & VPN client to head office.

So my problem(or lets say plan for now):

I'm good at with Kerio,(well I think so) already bought licenses for 2-3 companies which worked for, anyway. But they didnt have large network like this: I used to build as Gateway & firewall. Such as: Load balance, fail-over, AD user sync for user limitation bla bla, just usual one-office stuffs. But this one is really have big network.

So plan: I want to build Kerio Control again (like I always do for my previous companies) on those branches and a server kerio on head office. So planning to remove pfsense and changing everything to Kerio.
Why? because pfsense doesnt have more options like Kerio does, like AD user sync, download limit, per user traffic, time limit, integrated antivirus, just stuffs which pfsense doesnt have.

So we have plans to move everything to head office, All Fileshare, AD, Terminals, changing all users to AD users(no more local user) kinda centralizing everything.

So question: does Kerio Control do those stuffs which pfsense already doing? Every branch will have same config, every branch's kerio node will sync AD users from head office to have control on own branches. they will have vpn connection to head office, but will have internet via ISP.

P.S We have fiber connection between branches I think it wont be low connection problem. And if any Kerio staffs reading this, And my question's answer is yes, Then I'd like to contact with you or some sales person.

Sincerely,
Thank you, Waiting for your replies.

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Hi Emiks,

Yes, Kerio Control can do the same firewall and VPN stuff as pfsense. And much more as you probably noticed from its previous deployments. Here is just a brief list of the most important features: http://www.kerio.com/products/kerio-control/features.

You can contact any Kerio partner or distributor nearest to you (http://www.kerio.com/how-to-buy#find) for help or sales questions. I've also notified our sales department so they will probably contact you via this forum.
  •  
Emiks

Hi Pavel,

Are you sure that this will work? I don't want to risk all entire network. I'm not telling only single-based Kerio, I'm talking about 30-40 kerio branch nodes via VPN connections with single head-office control, with central AD, FS, AD profiles, and some our company programs.
So I want to be really sure about this before starting everything.

Sincerely,
  •  
ICT and Me

Hi Emiks,

As Pavel already said No problem. It can be done. kerio Control is a professional UTM. Only it can't be used as cluster firewall like Astaro (Sophos) or Junipers.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
Previous Topic: How to setup a VLAN for free guest WiFi
Next Topic: Setting up access to 2 subnets
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 16 15:25:01 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00441 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.