Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio woring with Active Directory (Active Directory Attribute Extensions)
  •  
mrgenie

Send a private message to this user
First of all, let me say I searched in google and this forum for several hours without finding what I need, so please excuse me if this issue was answered already previously. Just point me to the right direction if it was.

I have setup the Active Directory on a Server 2012 R2. In this however, for any user you have the "General" tab for the user properties in which to enter the E-mail, Work Telephone, Name, Discription, etc..
Not however work address!

In the "Address" tab you can add the work address.
In the Telephones tab the phones.

If I click on the "other" tab behind the "Mobile" phone box, and add a first "other" number, in kerio it is seen as "car" telephone number. There is no such indication in AD this would be the car telephone number.

Although this I can find out by trial and error, there is a general lack of information about the attributes of any user in AD Server 2012 R2 and how the Kerio Extension handles it.

For example, in Kerio I can enter WORK and HOME Addresses, in Server 2012 only work address.
There is a possibility to add custom own made attributes, but I'm not sure nor can I find information how the kerio extension handles this.

In Kerio there are many options for user information of which most I can not find on the Active Directory.

The extension itself is only one way, meaning, if I do add information to my AD User which is imported to Kerio for the domain, every few minutes when it's synchronizing it deletes all additional information which was entered over the kerio web interface since this information cannot be stored on the AD, the extension can only extract info from the AD not write to it.

So, now my question(s)
How do I handle this?
How can I add the extra information that Kerio offers for users to the AD
How can I add addinational attributes and how kerio extension handles them?

Is there maybe already some little kerio tool for handling this?
Previous Topic: Cannot start XMPP server on Kerio Connect 8.1
Next Topic: Filter E-mail button in Outlook greyed out
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 10:48:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00335 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.