Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » HTC One Sense 6 Contact Syncing issues (After upgrading to Sense 6, two HTC One phones show errors while trying to sync Contacts)
  •  
etieseler

Send a private message to this user
There are two people here, including myself, that have HTC's One (M7) phone. After we upgraded to their Sense 6 UI both of us are having problems syncing Contacts. We have an Active Sync license and all other accounts sync just fine, and email, calendar and tasks sync just fine using the 'Exchange' account type on the phone... just Contacts shows issues.

I am curious, are there any other HTC One users on here and do your contacts sync? Is there any logging on the server that might give me a clue into what is happening? The phone does not provide any sort of logging information that is helpful to me.. that I know of.

Eduard Tieseler
  •  
Barry

I have the EXACT same issue!

I upgraded to Sense 6 yesterday afternoon (HTC's One (M7) also) and all my Active Sync contacts disappeard.

When I check my active sync account it shows an error "Sync is currently experiancing problems. It will be back shortly."

Like you say everything else syncs ok, but the contacts do not.
  •  
Barry

I just spoke to HTC and apprantly this is a known issue, the fix is to re add the Active Sync account.

Trying that now, fingers crossed!
  •  
etieseler

I am glad that they know about it at least. I will try deleting the account and adding it back and see what happens.

Thanks for your input!
  •  
etieseler

Barry, how did your attempt go? I am not entirely sure, I do not have the same error message that I was getting before, but the contacts still shows the 'sync circle arrows' suggesting there may be a problem.. however the last sync time shows the current time. When I have some time I will need to test it out by modifying a contact and see what happens.

•  
debauve

i have the same problem
  •  
etieseler

Debauve, I forgot to test the syncing but I just did and I have good news.

So as mentioned above by Barry, delete the exchange active sync account and then re-add it. I did this and the 'Contacts' seems to always show the 'sync' arrows, but no error. So I tested syncing in both directions just now and it seems to work.

I modified an account on the phone and moments later it was on the server. I added an account to the server and several minutes later it was on the phone.

So in conclusion, at this time at least, the suggestion to delete and re-add the account works to fix the problem... at least on the HTC One on Sense 6.

Regards,

Eduard Tieseler
Previous Topic: Installing Outlook KOFF Client was interrupted
Next Topic: Kerio Connect with BES server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 11:16:36 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00443 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.