Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Upgrade and Move of Server (Upgrading Kerio Connect, OS and Hardware)
  •  
jcooper

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'm looking for advice.

I'm planning an upgrade shortly from 7.4.3 on Mac 10.5.8 (on an old XServe) to 8.3 on a new Mac Mini running 10.9 (with the mail store on an external RAID).

Question is this: The documentation says to move from one server to another, both need to be the same version. However, 8.3 will not install on 10.5.8, and I'd like to have a clean install (not an upgrade) of 8.3 on the new server.

One idea is to upgrade the OS on the old server to 10.6.8, then upgrade the mail server, then do the backup/restore method to move the mailboxes to the new server. Has anyone upgraded the OS on a mail server and did it cause any problems? I don't care much about performance as I'm only upgrading to get the data off of it; it'll be mothballed when I'm done.

OR

Would it be better to install 7.4.3 on the new machine, move the mail, then upgrade it to 8.3. Does anyone have any actual knowledge of issues with upgrading vs clean-installing, other than it "feels" better to do the latter from an Admin's point of view?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/tips.

Jeff
  •  
My IT Indy

I would upgrade the XServe's OS, then Kerio, then use rsync to migrate the data and install the same version of Kerio on the new server.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
jcooper

Previous Topic: URGENT: Kerio Connect 8.3 Spam Issues - 30000 Thousand Spam Mails in queue
Next Topic: Local Account Problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 23:27:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.