Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Group with an Alias
  •  
vandalen

Send a private message to this user
Hi Everyone,

I created an Alias that points to a public folder. I'll like that Alias to be part of a "Group". I'm not able to do this. Any ideas?
  •  
roope.vankka

1. Make new user
2. Add it to the group you want
3. In the user's settings, mark all messages to be forwarded to the address of the alias

May work.
  •  
vandalen

Hi Roope,

I know that one but it brings my user count by 1. I guess it may be the only way.
  •  
roope.vankka

In KMS 6 the amount of users used seems to be users logged on since the last start of KMS. So if this accont will never log on, it wont't use your licesce at all.

I am not sure about this, but if you look at the amount of users in the admin console root page, you see the difference from KMS5

I must test this, because it gives me a possibility to add 'silent' accounts as many as I will.
  •  
Kerio_jwu

This is a very old posting, but I just want to set the record straight, because people are still reading this posting.

To create an alias that points to a group:

1. Create two users.
2. Create a group and add the two users created in step 1 to it.
3. Create an alias that points to the group address.

Therefore if you send an email to the alias, it will reach the Inbox of the two users. An alias is not necessary for external users to send an email to the group address. However, some people may want to create an alias to a group email address as a temporary public address, if they do not want the public to know the group email address. Or if the alias is receiving too much spam, the alias can be deleted and the group email address can still be used.

If you are concerned about having spammers send spam to your group email address such as "all<_at_>yourdomain.com", you can use a mailing list which you can restrict who can send an email to the list address.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 April 2006 02:47]

•  
jackyyjwu

Dear JWU,

Kerio_jwu wrote on Wed, 12 April 2006 02:45

To create an alias that points to a group:
1. Create two users.
2. Create a group and add the two users created in step 1 to it.
3. Create an alias that points to the group address.

If I do not use step 1, because I want to add an external users to a group, what should I do? Thank you.

Bests,
Jacky
  •  
campodoro74

I created a mailinglist to add external addresses; works perfectly. I used these options:

- Subscription; deny subscription
- Postings; allow all, reply-to sender
- Members; any internal and external e-mail address

The name of the mailinglist is also it's email address. I created info<_a.t_>domain.com to be able to receive mail for info and forward it to a lot of internal and external addresses.
  •  
jackyyjwu

Dear campodoro74,

Thanks you reply.

We have several Kerio mailservers, so we want to share these mailinglist in OpenLDAP. Do you know how to map mailinglist in OpenLDAP? I only find that Kerio can map users and groups.

Thanks and regards,
Jacky
  •  
campodoro74

I'm sorry, I wouldn't know this I never used OpenLDAP.

Anyway else here can help?
  •  
jackyyjwu

Thanks all the same.
Currently, I cannot find the solution in the forum yet.
  •  
uhler

Hi,

when I want to create alias xyz<_a.t_>domain.com, that deliveres e-mails to me and t external user, I create alias xyz pointing to me and another alias with the same name xyz pointing to external address. It works.
  •  
jackyyjwu

Dear uhler,

Thanks your information.

Yes, it works. I get a reply from Kerio support that Kerio currently does not support mapping aliases/mailing list in LDAP. So we cannot use LDAP to store aliases information.

Bests,
Jacky
Previous Topic: Mail Server Near Death - Will this backup work?
Next Topic: KMS Rules/Filter
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 11:09:36 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00548 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.