Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook reply using alias not primary account (Message sent to alias - reply uses alias as sender)
  •  
GazzaBot

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Since the upgrade to Kerio Connect 8.3.0 we have an issue from Outlook where I receive an email sent to info<at>mydomain (it is in my list of email addresses) but if I reply to the sender it then shows my sending address as info<at>mydomain and not my default email address as setup in the KOFF Connector.

If that person then replies to me it sends to info again which is a major problem as what I has become a private conversation is in fact still public to all who receive the info emails.

So when I reply to a message sent to an alias that has multiple recipients I have to drop down the From button and select my default Primary account.

It is happening on most of our users, with a few exceptions - we use Outlook 2013.

It seems like a bug to me as I have looked to see if there are any settings to adjust this behaviour but cannot find any.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Gary
  •  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hello Gary,

If "Info" is an alias on your user account then that is the correct and expected behaviour. Kerio will reply using the email address that received the email, unless you tell it otherwise.

However, if you NEVER wish to send using "info", I'd suggest that you create a group with that email address, and you as the only member. That way you will always reply on your primary email address.

Group addresses should not appear in your dropdown list in Outlook.

Similarly, if several of you use the info address - setting it as a group, with all required users as members will provide the same functionality.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Neil.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 June 2014 15:44]

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
Previous Topic: Maximum folder size
Next Topic: Outlook Connector Version
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 23:59:56 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00318 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.