Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Changing Backup / Archive Location
  •  
kconception

Send a private message to this user
Hello

I'm new to the kerio setup and need some advice.

I have kerio data store and backup on the same drive and would like to move the backup/archive to a network share.

Can the files simple be moved and the location changed in the console or does the service need to be shutdown before anything is done?

I've seen other post which say to shutdown and start the service.

Was wondering if this only needs to be done when changing the location parameter of the backup/archive in the console and not so much for the moving of the data.

If it just the parameter, then we would be down a minute; if it's the entire data then we'd be down several hours.

So any confirmation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  •  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

Hello Keith,

You can change the location of both the Backup and Archive directories through Webadmin->Configuration->Archiving & backup.

Once you have done this you can move the old files to the new location. Backups should be fine, however once you have copied the archive across, I would recommend that you stop Kerio Connect, navigate to the new archive folder and rename "index.fld" to "index.bad" then start Kerio Connect.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Neil.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
  •  
kconception

Thanks Neil for the quick reply!

So the only time we need to shutdown and restart service is to rename index files (that's not too bad).

Was checking the Archive folder and it has an "acl.fld" file, a bunch of zip files and a "2014-Jun" folder. In the folder there is an "index.fld" file as well as other ".fld" files and a "#assoc" and "#msgs" folder.

Do I rename the index.fld in the "2014-Jun" folder?

Thanks
Keith
  •  
sfpete

Backup can take a considerable amount of time if your mail store is even remotely large.

I would use caution and do proper diligence + testing in backing up to a network store... simply because of the presumed increase in backup window.

With that said, I concur that you need to get your backup data off the same drive that the primary store is on. A separate direct attached volume would be ideal. The backup written to that drive can _then_ be copied/rsync'd/backed up to whatever network share or backup system of your liking.

•  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

sfpete makes a valid point.

Yes - rename any index.fld files that you find in the archives.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
Previous Topic: 4.4.1 421 4.3.2 The Maximum number of concurrent server connections has exceeded a limit, closing
Next Topic: PROBLEM.. so many folders "drafts"
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 00:41:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00463 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.