Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Cisco SPA232D and SPA302D Config. (Getting them to work)
  •  
Mike Drew

Send a private message to this user
Hi All, I have a Cisco SPA232D and SPA302D combo. I cannot get the phone to work inside of Kerio Operator. The base station registers in the provisioned phones section, the handset is registered with the base station, But no joy with the calls. Any thoughts on how to get this to work or should I manually configure the phone without auto provisioning. If so how does one do this?

Many thanks in advance

Mike Drew

[Updated on: Mon, 07 July 2014 03:28]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

when you open the "Extensions" screen, is the extension registered? There should be an IP address visible. If it is registered, do inbound calls work?

Filip
  •  
Mike Drew

Yes it shows as registered in both extensions and provisioning, and it gets an IP address.

Mike
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Great, my second question was - do inbound calls work? Can you call from other extensions to the SPA302D?

[Updated on: Thu, 26 June 2014 09:27]

•  
Mike Drew

No calls can be made to or from the phone. I am unable to test the analogue ports ATM because I don" have an analogue phone at the office.

Cheers

Mike
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

From my experience with similar devices you have to pair the DECT phone with base station first. This is usually done from the phone menu.

Otherwise it looks like you will have to open the device's web interface and configure some things. Perhaps you may need to assign the line to a handset. I have never seen the interface, so I can't really help you much.

And one last idea, try to assign more extensions in Operator to the Prov. phone. It is possible that by default the device uses the first line for the analogue port and the second/third line is the DECT phone.

•  
Mike Drew

Yes the handset was paired with the base station before I plugged it in. I will factory reset and start again. Could you point me to the settings that are needed to manually configure a VoIP phone please? Many thanks

Mike
  •  
Mike Drew

OK got it working, you need to disable auto provisioning in the web interface of the base station and then just enter the operator IP, extention(username) and password for the extention and all good!

Cheers

Mike
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

That is odd, because the provisioning system doesn't configure much extra options than what you've wrote. You might also have to fine tune the dialplan so that it doesn't limit the numbers you dial. I think by default it allows you to dial only 3-4 digit numbers.

Anyway, I'm glad you made it work.

Filip
  •  
Mike Drew

Yes as you mentioned it was provisioning the PSTN line, not the DECT handset line, but adding a second extension did not work either, Its a great phone and simple to configure once you understand Cisco's terminology.
The default dial plan seems to work just fine.

Cheers

Mike
  •  
Mike Drew

Just notice a typo in the title.

It should be a SPA232D

Could you change the title so it shows up properly in searches please.

My Bad

Mike
Previous Topic: Kerio Operator 2.3.1
Next Topic: Auto attendant scripts second caller busy line
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 22:33:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00697 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.