Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » One account hogging bandwidth
  •  
jessieleah

Send a private message to this user
I'm putting this here even though it isn't because of Kerio Connect, but maybe some of you have dealt with this problem.

Person using Outlook 2011 Mac (Office is update to date) is hogging bandwidth and consequently so is the mail server but only sending mail, mostly without attachments. When the computer is idle with Outlook running (constantly checking email) or she is using another program - the bandwidth usage is barely a blip from her computer and the mail server.

I have deleted preferences in Outlook, reinstalled Office (like a complete uninstall and full install). Her mailbox is about 5 gigs, and is half the size of several other users whose usage doesn't even register.

When she uses the web portal, her bandwidth usage doesn't register either and neither does the mail server. I reindexed her account in Kerio - no errors.

Does anyone have any thoughts about what I haven't tried? Besides not using Outlook - isn't an option (unfortunately).
  •  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

Hi Jessieleah,

You say you've deleted the Outlook preferences, but have you tried creating a new Outlook Profile?

Does this user access many other shared resources - mailboxes, calendars or contacts? If so, try not adding those in to start with, and see how Outlook behaves.

I hope this helps.

Neil.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
  •  
jessieleah

I completely deleted Office, I brought in her Main Identity folder after the install to put back all her folders (On My Computer). I didn't actually create a new identity. She is subscribed to some shared calendars and one global contact list. I will give these two things a shot next: Have her unsubscribe to the shared calendars and global contacts, create a new identity in Outlook (empty) and add her account information.

Thanks, I will let you know the results.
Previous Topic: Attachment removal warning
Next Topic: Moving to VM-Kerio appliance
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 15:55:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00418 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.