Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Security certificate warning page - google chrome
  •  
Shwarmagedon

Send a private message to this user
Is there a quick fix to the google chrome "Security certificate warning page".

I'd like to be able to access the Kerio GUI on google chrome without having to receive this warning every time I open a browser.

Thanks in advance.
  •  
Dukeman

There are two options to solve this problem:

1) install the certificate Kerio uses to your local computer. That way it is a known/trusted certificate for you computer
2) buy an official certificate for the domainname you use to access kerio and install this in kerio (or use a free certificate from www.startssl.com for example, works perfect).

The problem will than be solved
  •  
Shwarmagedon

@Dukeman

1. Thanks!

2. Do you happen to have a step by step guide for installing a certificate to a PC? (I googled this but didn't find anything useful).

3. I was hoping this would be a quick easy setting change in Google chrome / "SSL, manage certificates"
  •  
Dukeman

When you perform the following steps, you can install the certificate:

Easiest is to do this in Internet Explorer (Chrome did not show the install button for me)

- Open IE and navigate to you remote website
- For now accept the invalid certificate and go on to login page
- Click on the certificate icon on the right of the addressbar and click Show Certificate
- On this first page a button "Install certificate" show come up, click it
- Follow the requested steps (default store should be fine, otherwise choose "Trusted issuers"

- Restart browser.

The certificate should be installed and will not show a message until the expiredate has been reached.

•  
Shwarmagedon

•  
Shwarmagedon

Dukeman - I tried that but it did not work. I also tried the equivelant procedure on chrome and no luck.
  •  
Dukeman

What exact message do you get? There are a couple of SSL messages you could see.. When the expire date has been reached, a warning will shown even if you've installed the certificate...
  •  
sammy66

•  
luizfernando

Hello Shwarmagedon.

Try this:

1 - In Kerio Control - Configuration - Definitions - SSL Certificates, click in the default Certificate - More Actions - Export - Export Certificate in PEM and save the certificate.

2 - In Google Chrome - Configurations - Show Advanced Configurations - HTTPS/SSL - Manage Certificates - Choose the tab Trusted Publishers - click Import, next, finish.

Close google chrome and open again and test.

Previous Topic: vdi authentication
Next Topic: separate lan and internet usage for quota
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Jun 23 05:32:36 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00472 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.