Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » S/MIME Mail encryption centrally on Kerio server
  •  
Mrt1

Send a private message to this user
I'm very intrested in encryption of mails in the company. Because of that I read a lot on the Kerio webpage about the new feature with S/MIME Email encryption.

But I have still some questions:

1. I use the Backup and archiving function of the Kerio Server. Can I still backup and archive the Emails although the storage of the certificates are on the client side? Are the certificates also backuped to make the emails readable when the user deletes the certificate unintended?
  2. I use mobile devices like Windows Phones and iPhones and also different mail programs like Outlook and Microsoft Email messenger App at the same time. Do I need to install on all devices and programs the encryption certificates (the private key of the user and the public keys of the email partners) or is it possible to install it centrally on the server and use it on every device / program?
  3. Can I store all encryption certificates of all Kerio users on the Kerio Server to manage them easily and make the process for the users easy? Because some users do not understand how to implement the certificates. So for me as admin is it easier to do it centrally.

I hope someone can answer me these questions.

Thanks in advance
  •  
ArthurV

Send a private message to this user
Same here.
Allthough it's possible to implement encryption per client, the option to do this centrally on the Kerio Connect server would be very welcome.
Or, in our case where a client of us demands encrypted mail exchange, but says forced SSL-TLS is also acceptable, it would be great if we could set forced SSL/TLS per domain. The general SMTP delivery setting is maybe too forgiving: Use TLS/SSL if supported by the remote server.
Previous Topic: KOFF Offline Connector Not Deploying on Upgrade
Next Topic: User group issue on Webmail Kerio Connect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 04 17:15:44 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01142 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.