Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migration issue, need advise
  •  
sjwilliams

Send a private message to this user
Here is the situation; we have Kerio COnnect running on a Widnows XP machine. There were changes made to the mail store by a temp/fill in while I was away for military duty. Apparently, the hardware on the original server failed and the fill-in moved everything to a new system. When he did this, he put the mailstore on a RAID 0 array. One of those disks has developed a few bad sectors.

We are running an IMAP server and we have a TON of emails, 300GB+. A full back up, because of the size and the bad sectors, takes a couple of days to complete.

I would like, and have tried, to virtualize Connect onto an ESXi server. I tried using the VMware vCenter Stand-alone Client to move it, and it worked, kinda. The problem that I encountered is that every mailbox index gets corrupted. After moving the performance is EXTREMELY slow. I mean to the point of emails taking greater than 2 days to be recieved, same with sending.

SO, My questions is, how can I move an existing Kerio COnnect server, with a huge mail store, to a VM?

Any suggestions?
  •  
My IT Indy

rsync should work. There is a tool out there, Emailphoenix that should work too

**full disclosure we are partners for emailphoenix**

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Machete

I recently migrated - not to a VM, but new hardware and for the mailstore, simply running a differential bkup after a full bkup seemed to work well for me. Maybe the process of moving to a VM is much different than just new hardware but here are the basic steps that worked for me:

1 - On old hardware, ran differential bkup. (Assuming you already have a full backup in place)
2 - Moved full backup and the differential to a temporary drive.
3 - Moved Archive directory to temporary drive.
4 - On new hardware, installed Kerio Connect (same version as old machine)
5 - Connected temporary drive and then used the KB article to restore the mailstore to the new installation.

If you're changing platforms (ie - XP to Linux I think you need to get a new license key from Kerio as well.)
Previous Topic: retrieving all users addresses belonging to a group using a group option ?
Next Topic: quota message delays
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 03:45:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00388 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.