Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » LDAP, Open Directory, and prefix 9
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Is there any way for Operator to prefix a 9 to external numbers pulled from Open Directory via LDAP?

We don't want to store the 9-prefix with the number, since the numbers are often dialled from cellphones which do not need the prefix.

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

Operator can not rewrite the LDAP numbers as phones communicate with an LDAP server directly.

I believe you have two options
a) Use an outbound route with an empty prefix.
b) Make the phone alter numbers received from the LDAP server. If you have Cisco/Linksys SPA phones, there is a property named "LDAP Number Mapping" which you can use to add a prefix. I have never done it so I can't be much of assistance. Let me quote the Cisco manual: Quote:
LDAP Number Mapping
: Can be blank if not needed.
With the LDAP number mapping, you can manipulate the number that was retrieved from the LDAP server in the same way that you use dial plans to manipulate dialed numbers
For example, you can add a prefix of 9 to the re
trieved number if your dial plan requires a
9 to dial an outside line. Add the 9 prefix by adding (<:9xx.>) to the LDAP Number
Mapping field. Example 555 1212 would become 9555 1212.

Once it works, you should be able to provision the option by adding it to a template override in Operator.

Filip
  •  
fishtech

Thanks.

Thanks - option 2 sounds good, but I have Snom phones.

I'm looking into a similar LDAP Number Mapping feature from SNOMs.

Thanks,

ft.
Previous Topic: Auto attendant scripts second caller busy line
Next Topic: Unable to transfer calls on an Aastra 6755i
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 06:19:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00418 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.