Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » User mailbox corrupts 1-2 times per week
  •  
Hartz

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

We have 1 user (out of around 300) that has a repeating issue where their mailbox "goes blank". They are using Mac OSX and access mail via webmail at this point. When the problem occurs, the entire mailbox is blank - it contains no folders or messages. If I log in via another workstation I have the same results, regardless of operating system or browser.

Re-indexing seems to clear the problem for 3-5 days and then the problem reoccurs.

This person does have a large mailbox with 75,605 items coming in at 38.2GB.

The inbox alone at one point had 50,000+ items in it. So (assuming this was the problem) last week I moved anything older than 365 days to an Inbox OLD folder, re-ran an index and everything was sweet. The Inbox #msgs folder now has around 19,000 items. Except the problem has just returned twice this week.

Any ideas on what might be causing this? No issues are jumping out at me in the logs.

Kerio Connect v8.3.0 build 13/03/2014
System: CentOS release 6.5 (Final), x86_64, Memory: 24016 MB, 16 processors

Thanks you.
  •  
scottwilkins

Do they also use a smart phone? I've had users setup their smart phone wrong and cause all kinds of problems.
  •  
havinabubble

sounds very similar to my initial experience...

in my case: 4 users, all with YEARS of mail, all exceeding the advised 10,000 per box rule, most with 60,000+ message inboxes, ALL wanting ALL mail EVERYWHERE!

<10K was told to me by Kerio Support over the phone, as it was also driving me crackers with constant rebuilds/reindexes in Apple Mail.

Kerio proved it wasn't server side duplicating/reindexing messages etc, it was client side.

Apple had me upgrade the OS (giving newer Apple Mail) to a version with NO MAX MAILBOX LIMIT

Had initially only occurred with one of my users, who had 85K+ inbox and he wasn't the biggest mail user of the 4!

...problem was triggered by a change of server software from 7.x to 8.x (it was a major change without the small steps inbetween)

users have all been calm since I reworked every mailbox within these Kerio guidelines, and upgrade the OS/Apple Mail on every machine (none are Mavericks)

•  
Hartz

Hi scottwilkins, yes they use the mailbox attached to an iPhone 5. I might try re-adding the mailbox as at this point anything is worth a shot. AFAIK nothing has changed between the user/server/mailbox/client/phone setup since this started happening.

Hi havinabubble, we are not using Mac Mail at this point - only webmail. So pretty sure this particular issue is server side. Maybe they have just hit the ceiling for total mailbox messages on this server.
  •  
havinabubble

I realised that after I posted Rolling Eyes

Kerio support told me the guideline is <10K messages per box, beyond that it can exhibit erratic behaviour.

I know for years preceding our upgrade all was fine (and wayyyyyy over the 10K guide)

It was when we made the significant leap from 7.x to 8.x that it triggered something client side, and suddenly the box was duping, blank, missing, non sequential...

in our case it did turn out to be the mail client, and at no time did I see any of this weirdness via webmail

...just thought I'd give you an idea of what went on for us.

•  
Hartz

No worries. Thank you both for replies Smile
Previous Topic: Missing INBOX emails
Next Topic: Mavericks Mail and KCAA installation
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 02:16:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00451 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.